News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Mucoceles and Calcium?

Started by Claire the Red, February 18, 2010, 08:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claire the Red

Hi folks,
I get superficial mucoceles sometimes in the inside of my lower lip. It's like a clear little bubble that eventually goes away or pops, which then leaves a little sore spot similar to a canker sore (which I also get frequently). Since I had a mucocele that popped earlier this week, I asked my dentist about it yesterday. He mentioned that having high blood calcium can bring these on and suggested I ask my doctor to check my calcium level next time I have a checkup. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled in early March.
Does anyone else get these? Any experience with high calcium levels? FYI, I've never had a lip biopsy.
Thanks for any input you can provide.

inga

I have them by the dozen.   I always have them.   I have a + lip biopsy and +ANA.

Bernice

I don't believe I've ever heard of this, sounds painful!

saranski

Hi,
I had a mucocele removed from my lower lip when i was about 13 or so, haven't had one since.  My calcium levels have always been normal.  Let me know how it turns out.
sarah