Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: driedout10 on July 24, 2009, 04:39:17 AM

Title: does anyone take drops for glaucoma? a tip
Post by: driedout10 on July 24, 2009, 04:39:17 AM
I recently posted a request asking for advice as I've recently been described drops for glaucoma called Timolol and they're extremely stingy. I asked if anyone had any ideas for me about different types of drops for glaucoma that might not hurt so much. For the first time ever on this sight - no responses! I was shocked - is there no one who takes glaucoma drops? Do you suffer from the stinging? How do you cope? One idea that I read on another sight was to see if I can get them made at a compounding pharmacy where they could do it minus the preservatives to which I may have an allergy, causing the pain. I live in Canada and don't have access in my town to a compounding pharmacy, but I thought I would send this tip on if someone else out there can use it.
Please let me know if you have any other ideas.
Take care,
Chun
Title: Re: does anyone take drops for glaucoma? a tip
Post by: Chickpea on July 24, 2009, 04:43:42 AM
Hi Chun

Sorry to hear you didn't get any responses.  I don't take drops for glaucoma although my aunt does and she never had any problems.  However, I've read other people on this site talking about the need for preservative-free eye drops for dry eyes so there must be something in the preservative that affects Sjoggies.

Hope the drops help.

Take care - Chickpea
Title: Re: does anyone take drops for glaucoma? a tip
Post by: Dcstaggs on November 15, 2016, 07:48:49 AM
I'm running into the same problem.  I was recently diagnosed with glaucoma & he put me on latanaprost but it burnt my eyes due to the preservatives.  I'm now on Travatan which is a little better but my eyes are blood shot all the time & so dry.  I am going to ask him if they can compound a drop without the preservative but I'm going to give the Travantan a couple of more weeks.  I'll keep you posted and if you hear another medication that might help, please let me know.  Good luck! 😊