;D Yes....I am doing a happy dance. My match is a co-worker/good friend's husband. All the blood work has come back favorable and now he goes next week to MUSC to get poked and prodded. Hopefully he is as healthy as a horse! I could have a new kidney in the next few months. I can't believe it. Part of me is very excited and part of me is being cautious about everything because there are many more tests he must pass. You can read more about him on my blog http://www.sjogrensandme.blogspot.com if you'd like.
Please send positive thoughts and prayers that this works out for us.
Thanks for letting me share my news! I will beat Sjogrens!
Take Care!
Vicky
Hi Vicky - that's great news!! I so hope it all goes well. Do keep us posted.
Take care - Scottie :)
Hope all goes well. Sending prayers and well wishes your way.
Anna
I hope all goes well... Peace, comfort and prayers to you!
Deb
YEAH! ;D That's wonderful news! I wish the very best for you!!!!
Oh my gosh Vicky...that is great news!!
I am sending lots and lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way for this all to work out in your favor....please do keep us updated!
I am very happy for you Vicky! It is great to hear some good news!
Take Care
forest
What wonderful news Vicky!! :)
WooHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news Vicky, God speed. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your donor.
Take care dear and let us do the praying and thinking for you. :D
Hugs and God Bless,
Pooh
Vickie, That is very good news. I can understand your thoughts on not getting to rushed about the whole thing. Sounds like it takes a lot of time and testing. Hope and prayer will get you through. Sounds like you have some really good friends to do this for you. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Irish ;D
I will keep yall in my thoughts and prayers for sure....what a nice way of bringing back
a little faith in the human race....I needed to hear that...guess he helped the two of us
JJ.
Congratulations thoughts and prayers and hugs are with you and your donor Jonnell and Jenna
Hi Vicky
Let's all join your happy dance! That's wonderful news.
I'm so delighted for you and send thanks to your wonderful donor. I hope the tests go well and everything's soon in place for the transplant.
Thinking of you - Chickpea
Yipee!! I love good news Vicky., and I'm so happy for you..
May you soon feel like a new gal.. keep us informed.
Cheers, Dolly. x
Vicky
What wonderful news! My thoughts and prayers are with you and this wonderful donor.
Kathyx
Thank you for all your well wishes. I really appreciate it! I will update as soon as I know more. ;D
Take Care!
Vicky
Hi Vicky!! What wonderful news!!!!! I mean really wonderful ! I have not been keeping up much on here so would like to ask you how you know that your kidney issue is Sjogrens related? Thanks....and i will be looking forward to hearing more good news from you!!
Wonderful news!! Trust all goes well for both you and your donor.
Lotus1
Shari,
We know that my kidney problems are linked with Sjogrens because of a kidney biopsy I had back in Jan. 07. It showed RTA Renal Tubular Acidosis associated with Sjogrens. I also had irreversable scarring on my kidneys because of inflammation. There was something else on the report too, but I can't remember. Sorry. They wanted to rule out Lupus because at that time that is what they suspected was really doing the damage to my kidneys. Now....it has been decided that I don't have Lupus because of bloodwork and biopsy confirmation. It is Sjogrens and my Doc's were VERY surprised. They tested me for everything including Scleroderma.
Of course the bloodwork backs it up too. You can find more info about it on my blog listed below if you'd like.
Take Care!
Vicky
Thank you for responding Vicky. I was curious as I have had my gallbladder out...stopped working..and also having trouble with my pancrease acting up..wondering what is going on with my internal organs...geeze..we need them don't we.
I wish you all well with this that you are going through...can't wait for everyone to be running smooth and this to be behind you all. Love....
Victoria
sorry i took so long to post middle of a house move right now, so only popping in now and then when i need a break.
WOW such truly geat news, wonderful for you al!
Though i have to say WOW at the altruism for your friends husband willing to give up a kidney and go though all that for you, truly must be one helluva wonderful man, blassing to you both that the next lot of tests favour well, and many many blessing to that man willing to go through it all to help you, just fabulous he is!!
T x
Congratuations...I am so happy for you. My friend is waiting for a heart transplant. So I know how much excitement you must feel. Hugs!!
Vicky,
Wishing you all the best with the kidney transplant. What special friends you have. I'm hoping that things will go well as you go through the process.
Terri
Vivky, I havn't had the pleasure of "meeting" you, but will add you to my prayer list!