Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Wynter on June 01, 2009, 02:05:44 PM

Title: Dry Mouth and Nerves
Post by: Wynter on June 01, 2009, 02:05:44 PM
At one time, I read a post from someone that their mouth as so dry that it made the nerves in their mouth hurt. I think I have that problem. The last time I was at the ENT, I told him I had alot of pain in my ears and nose and mouth/throat. I explained that my ears and nose don't itch, but they hurt. My ears are sensative to loud noises and my nose is highly sensative to smells. My mouth and throat aren't just dry, but they always hurt. The muscles in my neck sometimes feel like they are constricting me. The ENT used a swab to touch the nerves in my nose, ears and throat. He said I have some kind of 5th cranial nerve problem and referrred me to a neurologist. I went to the neurologist and he looked for trigeminal neuralgia, but my pain is on both sides. I tried Neurontin  and it didn't help. I am just wondering if my dryness is so bad that is affecting the nerves?
Title: Re: Dry Mouth and Nerves
Post by: eyeamdry on June 01, 2009, 02:17:29 PM
If you have TN, Lyrica might help.
Title: Re: Dry Mouth and Nerves
Post by: gurs on June 02, 2009, 04:44:28 AM
Lucy,

Has the lyrica helped you alot? any side effects?

Gurs