Ok everyone, Im paranoid over here in Jersey, Jenna spent the weekend with her dad and came home with bug bites last night. About a hour ago she became covered from head to toe in hives should I be worried and what can I do, she cant shop scratching and she is swollen. Thanks Jonnell and Jenna
Jonnell
She needs medical advice - pretty quick. In the meantime, do you have any piriton or antihistamine to give her?
Kathyx
Hi - poor you and daughter :'(
I can sympathise as I am always allergic to insect bites. I recently read somewhere that this can be related to Lupus. May be worth checking out?
Hope you find some relief for her soon. xx
Jonnell,
Giving Jenna an oatmeal bath might help with the itching. If Jenna would develop difficulty with breathing - seek medical attention ASAP.
Take care,
Bucky
I have some oatmeal bath in the closet, and we gave her a benedryl brought swelling down. Ill try it thanks Bucky.
Hi Jonnel,
If it were my daughter with the health problems Jenna already has I would seek medical advice real quick. Whether it's something to be concerned about, let the doctor sort it out. Be on the safe side.
Huggles, Pooh
We were on our way out the door to the er about a half hour after I gave her the benedryl tablet when my fiance Rick look at me and said the swelling is down and the hives are going away, she still has the bug bites but no hives. I dont know what that means. I guess she is just allergic to mosquitos, knats and whatever else is in the sticks where her dad lives lol yes Janna its all his faught like always.
Glad to hear that the hives have settled down!
And yes...of course its all his fault....lol! ;)
Whew! no matter whose fault, sure glad she is feeling better and the hives have settled down. ;D
Take care Janna and Mom and Janna, next time you run around in Dad's yard put a clothes softener dryer sheet in your pocket or pin it to your shirt. The bugs don't like something about them and they leave you alone :D.
Hugs, Pooh
Thanks pooh for the idea we will try it, Jenna is also allergic to the bug spray so anything like that would be great. Hugs and Kissess Jonnell and Jenna
Please still bring this reaction up to her doctor...my daughter is allergic to shrimp/shellfish
and i was told by her doctor that this was not a huge reaction she had but the next time could be
worse...so please take her in and they may even have her/you carry an epi pin for the next
time. Also, Bananas are not a good food for kids to eat before they are going to go play
outside it attracts mosquitoes like crazy. And Poochie is right dryer sheets!!!! PS don't know
that she had Bananas or not just more a fyi kind of thing. Hope she is less itchy and feeling better.
JJ