Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: jpd54 on May 26, 2009, 08:44:23 AM

Title: Dental/medical insurance
Post by: jpd54 on May 26, 2009, 08:44:23 AM
Due to my Sjogren's, I need a lot of dental work done.  However, I don't have dental insurance.  Has anybody tried getting their dental work done through their medical insurance because it is caused by Sjogren's???

Thanks!

jpd54
Title: Re: Dental/medical insurance
Post by: Patze on May 26, 2009, 11:01:07 AM
Hi jpd54,

I've had my mouth redone (2nd time), but I had it done with dental insurance, as my medical insurance would only pay for a couple of basic checkups/x-rays per year - that's about it.

Have you asked your insurance company?  Sometimes they'll work with you, my insurance company wouldn't because I'm sero negative, and even then, it would be a case by case basis.

Hang in there, good luck with the dental work, and let us know what your insurance company says.

Take care -

Patze     (http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-looney-toons-016.gif) (http://www.freesmileys.org)
Title: Re: Dental/medical insurance
Post by: LAU on May 26, 2009, 12:42:43 PM
have you looked into buying your own dental insurance? it would take like 6 months till they actually pay for anything though.