Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: jonnell on May 24, 2009, 04:44:02 AM

Title: Memorial Day
Post by: jonnell on May 24, 2009, 04:44:02 AM
Hope everyone has a happy Memorial Day.   Salute to all our brave military men and women,  and all those who have gave there lives so that we may be free.
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: lesmom on May 24, 2009, 09:49:49 AM
Here, here. I hope everybody has a safe and relaxful holiday.

God Bless,
Leslie
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: JannaLee on May 24, 2009, 10:33:55 AM
Here, here! 

Janna
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: Katybarstool on May 24, 2009, 12:34:47 PM
... and from me too!

Kathyx
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: Patze on May 24, 2009, 02:43:22 PM
I with y'all!


Patze
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: ktfabian on May 24, 2009, 05:38:19 PM
Same here.

You know, I'm almost embarrassed to admit, but this year, with my son in Iraq, is the first year I've really appreciated what Memorial Day is all about.

I'm praying that there won't be any more soldiers to "remember" from our two war zones!
Tracy
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: jonnell on May 24, 2009, 06:09:52 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your son, he is a true hero.    Hugs and kissess   Jonnell and Jenna
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: lynnmarie219 on May 25, 2009, 01:28:53 PM
Hope everyone is having a safe Holiday weekend......and yes....lets remember all of the people who are currently serving and those who have served in the past through peace time and through the conflicts.
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: TerriJ on May 25, 2009, 02:23:31 PM
Tracy I'm praying for your son's safety and thank him for his service.

I have an uncle who served in WWII.  He was a radioman on a privateer who saw a lot of action.  He is 86 now and is still riding in the parade on Memorial Day.  This is a very poignant day for him as many of his buddies didn't make it home.  Now so many of them are passing on.  I hope we never forget to honor them. 

Terri
Title: Re: Memorial Day
Post by: HL in NY on May 25, 2009, 03:22:03 PM
Both of my sons play in their school's marching bands, so I've spent all day shuffling they back and forth between parades. :D

It's a bit of a hassle, but as I tell them, for one day we can be a little inconvennced to honnor the people who've given so much.

I'm very proud of them, and I hope they are learning something about giving back to our community and country.