Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: driedout10 on May 21, 2009, 01:11:06 PM

Title: sorry, still confused about searching on Forums- to Scottie
Post by: driedout10 on May 21, 2009, 01:11:06 PM
Thanks for your response - sad to hear that the categories are gone for good. There was such a wealth of information there, but I guess you folks must have had a good reason.
My question now is that I have tried to to search for information by going to "search" and have found the "threads" that you speak of, but nothing happens when I click on the threads. Is there any way to get access to more of the thread info than the few lines that appear on the screen initially or is that it?
Thanks again for your help and take care,
Chun
Title: Re: sorry, still confused about searching on Forums- to Scottie
Post by: Scottietottie on May 21, 2009, 02:33:23 PM
Hi Chun

If you click on the heading rather than the highlighted lines - the 'thread' should open up I think.  I'm sorry, I don't actually know the details of why the change was made myself, or I'd share!

Take care - Scottie  :)
Title: Re: sorry, still confused about searching on Forums- to Scottie
Post by: eyeamdry on May 21, 2009, 03:59:49 PM
I do not "know" for sure, not being a moderator or having access to their brains, but I think it was just too much information to keep separated.  We have a limited amount of volunteers and the work was becoming unmanagable.  So, by letting everything run into one category, all the editing and separating is eliminated.

Now, that's a wild guess, but I haven't heard anything different.  Lucy
Title: Re: sorry, still confused about searching on Forums- to Scottie
Post by: jonnell on May 21, 2009, 04:06:54 PM
If they need volunteers my fiance and I would be willing to.  Rick is very computer knowledgeable he can design and maintain websites.  I dont know who I would contact about that.
Title: Re: sorry, still confused about searching on Forums- to Scottie
Post by: lynnmarie219 on May 21, 2009, 05:58:10 PM
Lucy,

Yup...you pretty much hit it right on the head. It is much easier to manage having only 1 or 2 sections to monitor.