Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: driedout10 on May 21, 2009, 11:14:20 AM

Title: question about forum boards to mediators
Post by: driedout10 on May 21, 2009, 11:14:20 AM
Hi Dear Mediators who work so hard for us!!
I have been confused about the new format of Sjogren's World. Maybe I am doing something wrong, or maybe it is gone forever, but I used to be able to access categories for questions. like "Eyes" or "Neurological", etc. Now this feature is gone, and it's just one generic Forum board. Are these Forum categories gone forever? I found it easier to go into specific archived topics with the old categories. Do you have any advice for me?
Thanks a lot for all that you do, you're all lifesavers!!!
Chun
Title: Re: question about forum boards to mediators
Post by: Scottietottie on May 21, 2009, 11:23:20 AM
Hi Chun  :)

I'm afraid the old categories have gone forever but if you want to find a specific thread about something it is worth typing it into the search box at the top left - and threads of that category will still come up.

I'll mention your concern at the next staff meeting too.

Take care - Scottie  :)
Title: Re: question about forum boards to mediators
Post by: jonnell on May 21, 2009, 12:43:58 PM
It seemed it was easier to find the topic you wanted the other way,  not all of sjogrens snydrome suffers have the same problems, so I found the topic idea was easier of course im not computer savy so I might be alone
Title: Re: question about forum boards to mediators
Post by: fluffiebunnie on May 21, 2009, 12:55:10 PM
I found the sub-sections easier too.... there were a lot that overlaped so maybe there were too many, but now there are none I too find it rather confusing!! (Although that is easily done these days  ::)  ;D)
Title: Re: question about forum boards to mediators
Post by: Nathan on May 21, 2009, 04:56:01 PM
I agree. It's hard to keep up with the flow of conversation now that everything is lumped together. I found the separate categories better, because I could avoid categories that did not apply to me (i.e. Pregnancy), and focus more on the topics that interested me (i.e. Neurological).
Title: Re: question about forum boards to mediators
Post by: lynnmarie219 on May 21, 2009, 05:53:06 PM
Its good to hear other peoples points of view.....as Scottie said, we can bring it up at the next staff meeting! Thanks for all of the input!
Title: Re: question about forum boards to mediators
Post by: shop247mom on May 21, 2009, 06:34:22 PM
I agree!!!!! I've been visiting for about a year now, and not being diagnosed yet, I don't always know what I'm searching for. But I do understand the reasoning behind it.