Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: jonnell on May 16, 2009, 09:49:26 AM

Title: jennas allergies
Post by: jonnell on May 16, 2009, 09:49:26 AM
Can anyone recommend any thing for Jenna to take for her allergies.  I know you are not suppose to give kids cold and cough medicine but she is miserable.  Cant breathe, coughing, dry eyes runny nose.   She is currently taking plaquinil 50 mg a day.  She has a appointment with a pulmonoligist on the 20th for a asthma dx.  The pollen here is unbelievable we live in NJ.   Hugs and Kissess   Jonnell and Jenna
Title: Re: jennas allergies
Post by: navydad on May 16, 2009, 09:58:19 AM
maybe children dose Benedry,, its horrible here in Western pa, pollen dust eveywhere,, and the chipmonks are having a ball eating thsie helicopter seeds that fall from the maple,, little critters are everywhere, sure making a mes of my yard though, but again,, i dont think kids dosed benedryl woud hurt,, i
Title: Re: jennas allergies
Post by: jonnell on May 16, 2009, 02:28:17 PM
Thank you Where in Pa do you live?  I live in South Jersey.
Title: Re: jennas allergies
Post by: jonnell on May 16, 2009, 04:52:09 PM
Jenna has also been itching more then usual lately does any one know if that is related to the Plaquinil?
Title: Re: jennas allergies
Post by: Dolly Dimples on May 16, 2009, 05:09:43 PM
 Hi Jonelle, I take it that you have a humidifier by Jenna at all times..   if not I'd think about that.... I'm in the UK, and we have had some really strong winds of late, now it's raining and turned cool again, which I hate!!
         
                   Does Jenna   suffer the dryness ?(eyes & or mouth)  I get a dry irritating cough at night, so I take Pavacol which I find helps me, of course what helps an adult might not suit a child.. My 4 year old Grandaughter gets a lot of coughs and is being observed for Asthma..but is not given any meds yet.

   Does Jenna take Antihistimine, my other Grandaughter who is only 18 months is on these for excema,  she is much better than she was..

   It pains us when our kiddies get these awful complaints, don't it?   Hope your baby gets some relief soon .. Big hug Jenna..   from Dolly 

Title: Re: jennas allergies
Post by: jonnell on May 17, 2009, 07:20:22 AM
Dolly,   Jenna does have a humidifier, and she does have the dryness of the mouth and eyes.  I tried some childrens benedryl that seemed to help a little, but it does nothing for her head hurting her.  Thank you for the hug for her she sends one back and some kisses to. 
Title: Re: jennas allergies
Post by: kim31072 on May 18, 2009, 03:47:15 AM
It sounds like she may have developed a sinus infection.They are very common once the congestion starts if it stays in the sinus cavity.

I hope she feels better soon.Can she take claritin?I know it is over the counter.
Title: Re: jennas allergies
Post by: harrigan on May 18, 2009, 09:34:25 AM
Hi Jonnell - YES!  Plaquenil causes the kind of itches that scratching won't touch, but you still have to scratch anyway!!  Thankfully mine isn't constant but is always worst at night or when I get too hot.  Give Jenna a hug from me when she can bear to be touched.  Mention to the Dr when you see him, or call soon if it seems to be getting worse or causing too much distress.  XX Ailsa
Title: Re: jennas allergies
Post by: jonnell on May 18, 2009, 10:30:16 AM
Thank you Alisa and Jenna gives you a hug back.