Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: alisdawn on May 13, 2009, 11:02:59 AM

Title: Referal in NY - Help
Post by: alisdawn on May 13, 2009, 11:02:59 AM
Hello - my mom is suffering from Sjogrens and other immune related disorders. Her eyes are always inflammed and very painful.  This is extremly dibilitating and she always has to wear sunglasses. She sees a retinal specialist that has tried numerous drops for her eyes but it comintues to progress.  Does anyone have a physician referal in NY - preferable takes GHI?  I feel so bad she is suffering so much..
she is unable to do research on the computer as her eyes are so painful.
Thank you and please respond by clicking on e-mail icon under name  ***post edited to remove e-mail address***

Alissa
Title: Re: Referal in NY - Help
Post by: Linda196 on May 13, 2009, 07:47:51 PM
Hello Alisdawn, welcome to Sjogren's World.

Thank you for your efforts on your mother's behalf. As you can see, I've slightly edited your post, because our rules do not allow open posting of personal information like e-mail addresses, since there is no restriction on who can view these posts. Only members are able to connect to your e-mail by using the icon under your name, so that is a better method of asking for personal responses.

I'm sorry that I'm not able to suggest a local doctor for her, since I'm some distance away, but I'm sure you'll soon hear from someone who can
Title: Re: Referal in NY - Help
Post by: HL in NY on May 14, 2009, 05:08:45 AM
Alissa,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It's really good of you to be trying to help her.

Could you specify where in NY you're looking? Do you mean NYC or some other part of the state. I'm very pleased with my Rheumy and will be happy to send you her information, but if it's too far away that won't really help. (She's in Poughkeepsie)

Good luck!

Heather
Title: Re: Referal in NY - Help
Post by: alisdawn on May 14, 2009, 07:27:21 AM
Hi Heather.

Thanks for the response.

My mom is in Rockland so Poughkeepsie is not too far. Please send me the information when you get a chance. She is also looking at Mt Sinai in NYC.

THank you again
Alissa