Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Issey on May 06, 2009, 03:34:44 PM

Title: Is this normal?
Post by: Issey on May 06, 2009, 03:34:44 PM
Does anyone have these symptoms?
I feel pretty ok a bit stiff on waking but once get moving it gets better I potter about walk the dogs do a bit of gardening even housework ;) - but as soon as I take 5 Wow it just hits me like a brick hips aches leg wrist arm pain in different places all over my body that seems to move around???? hourly even!!! Feel like a truck has run over me - it seems so long as I keep moving am ok but soon as I rest or am in bed thats when it is worse:(
Issey
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: Scottietottie on May 06, 2009, 04:27:59 PM
Hi Issey  :)

I hurt when I wake up and when I get up it eases up a bit. I find that not a lot of physical exercise can amke me really fatigued. Not tired - its my muscles that feel fatigued - not my head. I always hurt most in bed though.

Take care - Scottie  :)
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: Life Coach on May 06, 2009, 05:35:48 PM
Hi!
I am new so this may be obvious, but do you also have Rheumatoid Arthritis?  I was recently diagnosed with a "different" form of RA (as well as Sjogren's), and it acts similarly to what you describe.  I travels to various parts of my body.  It may last hours or a couple of days.  It may be mild or can be utterly debilitating.  Anyway, it took quite a while to diagnose (I'm just so young - 46 . . . a baby, really :D) so I pass it along as a possibility.  If so, the diagnosis is scary and the symptoms very strange, but treatment is helpful!

Best wishes on this journey!
Life Coach
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: gsmraxe on May 12, 2009, 09:18:14 AM
Quote from: Issey on May 06, 2009, 03:34:44 PM
Does anyone have these symptoms?
I feel pretty ok a bit stiff on waking but once get moving it gets better I potter about walk the dogs do a bit of gardening even housework ;) - but as soon as I take 5 Wow it just hits me like a brick hips aches leg wrist arm pain in different places all over my body that seems to move around???? hourly even!!! Feel like a truck has run over me - it seems so long as I keep moving am ok but soon as I rest or am in bed thats when it is worse:(
Issey

I have the same problem.  And the more work I do, the stiffer I get when I stop for a few minutes.  My hands and knees are the worst.  But, my hips, elbows, feet, ankles and back can all be affected.  The more time goes on, the longer the stiffness stays with me.  I'm worse than I was a year ago, and I'm sure it'll be even worse in 2010.   :D 

Some nights, I'm really tired, I just want to sit on my couch and play a video game.  Well, I do get involved in Oblivion, which is a huge single player RPG game, and sometimes I forget to stop and get up...after 1-1/2 hours I really pay for it.  I can't walk for a few seconds and my hands will kill me for about a half of an hour.  Not sure what to do about it, except move more.   :)
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: Epson on May 12, 2009, 09:36:56 AM
Yep, to the tee and if I wasn't on hydroxychloroquine, I don't think I would be able to get out of bed.
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: JJ on May 12, 2009, 10:17:23 AM
I have noticed it getting worse over the past year...but then again all of it has.

But was wondering Life Coach what other type of RA do you have..I was diagnosed

with Sjogrens and RA at the same time...and yes the radiating from one place to another

is very strange...for a while it'll be in my neck....go to an elbow....then to a hand..

The worse is when it gets in my hips and knees. I just keep moving and massaging the

the area.cause getting still just doesn't do anything but make it worse.

JJ
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: Patze on May 12, 2009, 05:34:18 PM
Same here, I can do a lot but, and it's a very big but, if I sit/lay down for an extended time, and then get back up, wow, even on Plaquenil, it's misery, pure and simple. 

Hopefully there'll be an answer to this question soon!

Take care -

Patze


Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: lindar on May 12, 2009, 09:51:03 PM
I was told by my rheumy that the hydroxychloroquine would take care of these pains but I still have them.  I wonder how bad I would feel if I didn't take that. 
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: MusicGuy on May 13, 2009, 06:22:17 AM
Issey,
yeps.... I pretty much deal with that, moreso on my lower legs/feet.  I sit at a desk all day and I have to get up and move to get any releif.  I have 70-90 minute commute (carpool) and when i don't drive, I have a very hard time getting on my feet and moving.  the plaquenil doesn't appear to be doing much, and if it is and i go off it, i'm not sure what I'll do.

Dave
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: missyb on May 13, 2009, 09:29:59 AM
yep it's normal, for us anyway.. >:(
Title: Re: Is this normal?
Post by: Issey on May 13, 2009, 03:19:03 PM
Oh well supposed will have to get used to my `normal' life from now on:( - I hate it and it sucks >:(
A year ago when I saw my first rheumy they said I was sero negative and just dismissed me - however things have got steadily worse - am not on any meds - just painkillers high strength paracetamol - eye gel and all the biotene mouth products - Dry mouth is the worse symptom I think - but these pains on waking or after car ride/rest are catching up :'(
Am due to see a new rheumy soon - this guy specializes in SJS so maybe will get some results this time.
Issey.