Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: lilbitz on May 06, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Title: thyroid question
Post by: lilbitz on May 06, 2009, 03:07:20 PM
hello everyone,

        I am having these really weird attacks I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this from thyroid issues caused by sjogren's.My thyroid gland swells then it feels like I am having muscle spasms in my neck and face I go completely pale my lips turn white my stomach hurts really bad and then I feel like I have to use the bathroom and vomit all at the same time
and my heart beats really fast.Also I feel as though I'm going to pass out and I get this horrible taste in my mouth and on my lips it's like a salty metalic taste.It's like anaphylaxis meets panic attack.The episodes last between 5 and 20 minutes and they are very scary.Thanks for listening and please forgive my spelling.



                                                                                             Stacey
Title: Re: thyroid question
Post by: Linda196 on May 06, 2009, 03:56:12 PM
Stacey, please tell your doctor about this, and if it happens before you get a chance to do that, go to urgent care or ER so you can be evaluated during the attack. It could be an innocent combination of symptoms, but it could also be an indicator of problems with your heart.

When talking to a doctor about this, be very sure to mention all of the symptoms, just as you have listed them here, including the urge to go to the bathroom, and feeling like you are going to vomit.