I am having problems with muscle spasm in my back and sides. If I turn the wrong way, the muscles spasm and I must change positions to try and relieve the symptoms. They are very painful and happen for no reason. I was wondering if maybe I was not drinking enough on those days, etc. Is this happening to anyone else?
I get this too!! I have no idea if it is related to SJS or not, all I know is it hurts!!! Kimi
I get this too, but I also have fibromyalgia...so I don't know which causes what symptoms anymore... :).
Have you tried Physical Therapy? This helped me a lot with muscle pain and knots and spasms. What about a good massage therapist? How about a muscle relaxer prescribed for you only when you really need it? Sometimes just doing simple stretches on a regular basis will help work the muscles out to be less painful.
Another thing that I do is that I also see a chiropractor who helps with a lot of my muscle pains when he works on me. It makes sense...when the bones/spine are out of line..the muscles are bound to be painful as well!
Just some random thoughts....but I hope you feel better soon. If not...I would definitely talk to you doctor about it.
Some days the muscle cramps just won't go away. Enough of the whining !!! I am better off than a lot of others....but the cramps---pain city... Thanks for all the input..
I also have a lot of muscle spasms. My rheumatologist gave me Soma and it really helps with the spasms. It is a muscle relaxer. I like it better than Flexaril, doesn't make me as sleepy. I get spasms in my back, rib area, shoulders, neck, calves and feet. Did I miss any body parts - lol.
I have these too, they are the worst, they start in my back and come around to my ribs and chest and cause the worst pain. I take skelaxin which helps and doesn't make me sleepy but if I don't stop and lay down when it starts nothing really help and then I'm in for it.
Jen
I also have had non stop some days severe pain goin on two + yrs in the left side of my back in the rib area....I cannot lay on my right side because it causes pain on the L side... when i sleep on my back I put a hard bound book(half inch thick) behind the L side of my back for support and it helps. I also use that book to put behind my back while sitting..... If I could get an answer as to what is causing it I would be so grateful.....I am stumped..... I do use Biofreze which helps a bit only for awhile.....You can find it at a chiropractic office....
Hang In there
Colleen
Hi Redetha,
Oh yes, the muscle spasms...aren't they just fun - NOT! I used to get them all the time, now that I've been on Flexeril for a while, not so much. But there are still times when I move just the wrong way, OUCH! Whew, Voltaren here I come! :D It's not great, but it'll take the edge off for a while.
Take care -
Patze
Thanks for all the info everyone. I think we could all change the words from Rain, Rain, go away to Pain, Pain, Go Away, All the SJSs want to play. I wish I knew the answer for all this. I would be famous and Rich !!!!! lol