Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Lotus1 on December 10, 2016, 03:22:00 PM

Title: Who mentioned dhea intervaginally helps dry eyes?
Post by: Lotus1 on December 10, 2016, 03:22:00 PM
Hi

I'd like to hear more about the dhea intervaginally help dry eyes please.

I use natural hrt from the hormone dr which is a troche containing est/prog/dhea that melts between the gum & cheek.
Of course I need to chew gum for the troche to melt with my dry mouth.

I'll ask my hormone dr about the dhea helping dry eyes.

Lotus1
Title: Re: Who mentioned dhea intervaginally helps dry eyes?
Post by: bluegardenia on December 10, 2016, 03:30:56 PM
maria mentioned intrav dhea
Title: Re: Who mentioned dhea intervaginally helps dry eyes?
Post by: Nymph on December 11, 2016, 06:15:32 AM
I use sublingual drops and it helps my dry eyes. The absorbtion would be the same - straight into the bloodstream as opposed to digestive tract.
Title: Re: Who mentioned dhea intervaginally helps dry eyes?
Post by: Sharon on December 11, 2016, 09:55:19 AM
If I remember correctly, Maria was taking it intervaginally but only because she had allergic reactions to it when she took it by mouth (I have the same problem).
Title: Re: Who mentioned dhea intervaginally helps dry eyes?
Post by: Maria3667 on December 11, 2016, 10:50:19 AM
Yes that's correct, I did mention it. However my main reason for using it intravaginally is threefold. 1) I can't get my hands on sublingual dhea as it's not available in my country. 2) inserting normal dhea intravaginally helps moisturize the vulva and other genital glands. 3) using it intravaginally also abates libido issues (arousal, sensitivity).

By the way, don't be surprised is your dr reacts a little shocked  ::) because this info is not general knowledge !

Good luck!
Title: Re: Who mentioned dhea intervaginally helps dry eyes?
Post by: Lotus1 on December 13, 2016, 03:58:42 AM
Thanks all you wonderful people for your replies.

Worth investigating anything to get help.

Lotus1