Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Sharon on December 08, 2016, 03:35:14 PM

Title: Guaifenesin
Post by: Sharon on December 08, 2016, 03:35:14 PM
I tried beginning Mucinex which is generic guaifenesin after I heard it thins mucus.
I had the strangest reaction:
My mouth became extremely dry and my salivary glands became very bloated until I stopped taking it. :o
Can anyone figure this out or is it just another "Sjogren's Mystery"?  ???
Title: Re: Guaifenesin
Post by: Carolina on December 08, 2016, 05:55:52 PM
Probably just another unique reaction by someone with an Immune Disorder.

I take Guaifenesin twice a day and it keeps me from strangling all night on glue-like mucus as post-nasal drip.

It's hard to know what will happen when we take something...and the only way to find out is to try.

Makes life a challenge!

Hugs,  Elaine
Title: Re: Guaifenesin
Post by: Sharon on December 09, 2016, 02:08:49 AM
Yep, life is definitely a challenge with this!