Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Derekhhh on December 06, 2016, 05:25:33 PM

Title: Does this sound like Sjorgen's?
Post by: Derekhhh on December 06, 2016, 05:25:33 PM
Hey all,
I grew up in a dry state- Colorado.  I remember I had to use Dandriff shampoo... and I remember my skin getting really dry.  I also had dry eyes and couldn't walk through a shopping mall without giving my eyes a break from the air conditioning blowing on them.
Now I've had a bigger problem which started when I moved to Asia at the age of 24.  To sum in up, whenever I speak for a period of time (like 15 minutes), I get pain in the back of my nose (nasopharynx area), my throat feels swollen, my eyelids swell and I get fatigued.  If I overdo it with talking, I feel a headache, and fatigued and need to sleep.  Ive seen 15 doctors- no one has been able to diagnose me.  I went back to America but the problem continued.  Also, if I wear a surgical mask, I feel relief about 70%, so I think it has something to do with moisture.
I recently discovered this disease.  Does it sound right?  I'm especially perplexed about the thing where, when I talk for some time, I feel pain in my nasopharynx, get tired, red eyes, etc.  If it's Sjorgen's  what medication do you think I could use?
Thanks for the help!
Title: Re: Does this sound like Sjorgen's?
Post by: Joe S. on December 06, 2016, 06:20:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. Dry Eyes, dry nose, dry mouth, dry skin and dry bum (@$$) the classic definition of the disease. It is usually diagnosed by process of elimination. Average time to Dx is 7 years. Good luck on getting a diagnosis.
Title: Re: Does this sound like Sjorgen's?
Post by: jazzlover on December 06, 2016, 08:16:11 PM


Welcome!

Sometimes it just takes awhile for it to show up in testing. Not all tests are accurate, that is for sure.

I don't take any meds specifically for Sjogren's (not Sjorgren's) .. everything just makes me feel worse.
Title: Re: Does this sound like Sjorgen's?
Post by: trejonina on December 07, 2016, 02:48:26 PM
Hi,take the Schirmer's eye test, that should help diagnosis,it did it for me+ fatigue. pain etc.