Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: wendyoh on December 03, 2016, 10:56:57 AM

Title: UV Sun Lamp for vitamin D etc
Post by: wendyoh on December 03, 2016, 10:56:57 AM
Hey--do any of you have recommendations on sun lamps that you have found helpful--brands? good prices, best deals , best results? someone rec'd this UVB one to me lightyears2.com/skin_light.html
Title: Re: UV Sun Lamp for vitamin D etc
Post by: SjoGirl on December 05, 2016, 04:12:50 PM
I don't have a specific one to recommend, but I did read recently that to get the benefit one needs to be exposed to this type of light for a fairly long period on a daily basis. You might want to do some research on that front as well because even the best lamp might not prove helpful if not used as needed.
Title: Re: UV Sun Lamp for vitamin D etc
Post by: Sooki on December 06, 2016, 02:04:12 PM
I found a nice one on Amazon (Day-Light) - reading the reviews really helps.  That said, I didn't really notice much difference from it in terms of energy or mood. I didn't correlate it to vitamin D, but around that time, my levels very fairly low.

And now that I have lupus, the sun lamp gives me the same effects as being in sunlight.

Some people with SAD have found benefits from it.
Title: Re: UV Sun Lamp for vitamin D etc
Post by: Sweetcheex76 on December 07, 2016, 09:13:17 AM
As being in the sun seems to increase the effects of Sjogren's and Lupus, wouldn't using a sun lamp to get vitamin D also increase them as well? I have very low vitamin D levels so I take Vitamin D every day and my levels go back to normal.
Title: Re: UV Sun Lamp for vitamin D etc
Post by: wendyoh on December 07, 2016, 10:17:51 AM
ooh interesting points people---thanks for sharing ---because I do not fare well in the sun either, which does feel more like Lupus the last 6 yearsish but don't get butterfly rash but flare up symptoms of pain and fatigue and can get more chelitis and dermatitis stuff from it
Darn so lamp might be same thing, well that saved me a 150$ experiment
But not sure what to do because my body does not do well with actual vitamin d supps either no matter what supplement type of it---have tried most
there must be some reason...........and I do not like fish oil and feel bad even from sardines salmon and tuna altho cottage cheese is fine