Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Sharon on November 25, 2016, 02:53:41 AM

Title: Hemp oil for inflammation
Post by: Sharon on November 25, 2016, 02:53:41 AM
Has anyone had any success using hemp oil to treat any symptoms of inflammation,
either topically or orally, whether skin, joint, gastro, etc.?
They're selling this oil in my local health food store and I was wondering if it really may have an effect.

Title: Re: Hemp oil for inflammation
Post by: Pete0211 on November 25, 2016, 03:33:04 AM
I started using hemp oil, but ended up using hemp seeds daily. They are rich in omegas with a great 3:6 balance, have a good amount of GLA (anti-infammatory), have high protein and a great spread of mineral content. I consider hemp seed / oil to be a good supplement for my diet in general, but in and of themselves I haven't found any significant anti-inflammatory response from ingesting them.

Then again, my Sjogren's (or whatever I have) is relatively mild in comparison to many, so I just might not notice it.

Either way, it's not a bad thing (in my lowly opinion) of something to add to your diet.
Title: Re: Hemp oil for inflammation
Post by: Sharon on November 25, 2016, 03:40:00 AM
Thanks Pete, I'm already taking so many supplements as it is,
I would rather not add more, especially this expensive oil, unless it's something really effective.
Have you tried rubbing it on the skin and joints for inflammation?
Title: Re: Hemp oil for inflammation
Post by: Pete0211 on November 25, 2016, 04:22:19 AM
That I haven't tried. I have oil at home - next time I'm feeling some pain/inflammation I'll give it a try.