Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Nymph on November 24, 2016, 12:48:16 PM

Title: Taking care of myself on Thanksgiving
Post by: Nymph on November 24, 2016, 12:48:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll!

I was supposed to go to my sister's, but they are all sick. I may go tomorrow if they seem to be recovering. For now I am just taking some time to catch up on rest, cleaning, planning, grading, online shopping, etc. I'm thankful for this reprieve!

Take care of yourselves during the holidays. You all are such a blessing to me!

hugs,
Nicole
Title: Re: Taking care of myself on Thanksgiving
Post by: irish on November 24, 2016, 02:43:40 PM
You have a great attitude. Sometimes we just have to lie low in the bushes and let our body rest and catch up. We hate to be alone on holidays, but it is what it is as they say. I was raised such that we were unable to get together with family on holidays and seldom had company but we learned to live with it.

So many people are taking advantage of the on line shopping today and good deals are to be found. Take care and have a good holiday weekend. Irish
Title: Re: Taking care of myself on Thanksgiving
Post by: jazzlover on November 24, 2016, 07:04:07 PM
Hope your day went well.

My husband is a musician and he played for a dinner today, which gave us a free meal as a side benefit. We sure are missing our family in another state, however! This is our 20th Thanksgiving away from family. Sigh.

All in all, it was a good day.
Title: Re: Taking care of myself on Thanksgiving
Post by: Nymph on November 28, 2016, 02:55:57 PM
Thanks for your replies. It was actually very nice, and I got to visit briefly with my family over the weekend. Best of both worlds!