Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: StevenB on November 21, 2016, 10:19:09 PM

Title: Anyone with Red Stripe Down Center of Tongue
Post by: StevenB on November 21, 2016, 10:19:09 PM
For quite some time I've had a red stripe down the center of my tongue.  There really isn't any definitive info
online about that issue.   I've once had geological tongue where my tongue looked like a map but that was
only for awhile.  This red stripe has been constant for some time.   Anyone else with this?
Title: Re: Anyone with Red Stripe Down Center of Tongue
Post by: irish on November 22, 2016, 08:43:56 PM
Have you tried googling for redline tongue images??? Sometimes I do images search and it can just go on and on with all sorts of images and I finally find what I need. Irish
Title: Re: Anyone with Red Stripe Down Center of Tongue
Post by: StevenB on November 23, 2016, 08:34:06 PM
I have tried that but cannot find any definitive answer.
Title: Re: Anyone with Red Stripe Down Center of Tongue
Post by: Nymph on November 24, 2016, 12:44:28 PM
I have geographic tongue or something like it. There are patches where the tastebuds fall out. Then they grow back. It improves when I take a supplement called Neurolink, that also helps my dysautonomia/POTS. I do not know why. At times it has been in the middle of my tongue but I would not describe it as a stripe. I do not know that cause and every doctor says something different. I do know that mine is not B12 deficiency or candida, two suspects. I guess that mine is some sort of neuropathy. I have had it for 2.5 years now.
Title: Re: Anyone with Red Stripe Down Center of Tongue
Post by: StevenB on November 27, 2016, 08:58:10 AM
Thanks Nymph.  It all started with classic geographic tongue.  I know its not candida as I was checked for it.  My doctor had no idea what
it was.   I had always heard that the look and health of your tongue was a mirror to underlying health issues.
Title: Re: Anyone with Red Stripe Down Center of Tongue
Post by: Nymph on November 28, 2016, 02:53:46 PM
YEs, so you would think that doctors would care more about figuring it out.   :P