Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Jenny on November 15, 2016, 04:51:56 AM

Title: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: Jenny on November 15, 2016, 04:51:56 AM
No matter the temperature, my forehead is constantly wet. Not only embarrassing, but very hard to keep my hair looking decent. Is this a Sjogrens symptom or just another of my many woes?
Title: Re: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: gurs on November 15, 2016, 06:16:36 AM
Jenny,

Could be the SS or hormonal changes....maybe both?

Gursie
Title: Re: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: sixty on November 15, 2016, 11:24:24 AM
I have the same problem!  I also am sweating just above my lips and have never had that problem before.  I hate it because as you said it's very embarrassing.  The last time I went shopping I was waiting in line sweating and I needed to wipe my forehead with my shirt sleeve and then I had to wipe my lower face.  I tried to do it when people weren't watching, lol!  It's so weird because I look around at all the other shoppers and nobody looks hot at all. Well I think it's Sjogrens that causes it.
Title: Re: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: Fanciefrancie on November 17, 2016, 09:05:26 AM
I understand your difficulties!  My head and face sweat so easily now.  It is embarrassing and uncomfortable. 
Title: Re: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: Sweetcheex76 on November 22, 2016, 08:21:02 PM
My rheumatologist said I could take an extra Evoxac a day to help saliva production. She then said that my face would sweat more and, of course, it does. Maybe you're having the excess sweating due to any medication you take to make saliva?
Title: Re: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: sixty on November 23, 2016, 04:21:26 AM
Not me Sweetcheex, I don't take any saliva meds.  Thanks anyway!
Title: Re: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: Jenny on November 23, 2016, 04:38:51 AM
Me either.
Title: Re: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: StevenB on November 23, 2016, 08:37:29 PM
That was a big problem of mine for quite awhile but seems to have passed.
I've had quite a few different things that have been a major problem then after
Awhile just go away.
Title: Re: Excessive forehead sweating
Post by: Liz D. on November 25, 2016, 09:52:56 AM
Same problem!  It's so embarrassing especially since my hair is so thin now.  Makes me look even more bald!  If anyone comes up with a solution, please let us know.  I may try waiting to take my Evoxac after I'm showered and have done my hair.  Glad I'm not alone.

Liz D.