Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: GgcJap on November 12, 2016, 01:49:17 PM

Title: Prednisone questions
Post by: GgcJap on November 12, 2016, 01:49:17 PM
I have been searching the net for a bit now and can't seem to find the answers to this question.

I know the answers differ per person but any input would be appreciated.

How long and how much prednisone do I have to take before my immune system is suppressed?

Not that I want to do this, rather I have a recurring swollen gum and was wondering if the prednisone had anything to do with it.

Thx in advance

GgcJap
Title: Re: Prednisone questions
Post by: Sharon on November 12, 2016, 02:44:26 PM
I don't really have an answer for you but can share my experience:
I was on 10mg of Prednisone for 7 days and had no relief from my SJS symptoms
but developed a salivary gland infection. I'm currently on antibiotics because of this.

Title: Re: Prednisone questions
Post by: GgcJap on November 12, 2016, 05:55:59 PM
Hi Sharon,
     I have been on Prednisone 10mg for 2 weeks and then my new Dr cut it down to 5mg and I've taken that for 5 days. In that time my saliva output has increased a little when not on Salagen. My stomach seems to have become a little better as Im now back to going to the toilet once a day. Other than that I didn't really have any other symptoms. Still Im not sure if its the Prednisone or something else? Anything is possible. :)

GgcJap