Hello Everyone,
What were some of your symptoms before you were diagnosed with a Thyroid problems? Been having a collection of not so much fun symptoms. I am seeing a Functional Medicine doctor on Dec. 3 hoping she can get to what is going on.
Thanks,
Martha
Hi Martha,
It depends wether you're talking about hyper- or hypothyroidism. I have the latter and especially remember feeling chilled down to my bones, severe fatigue, ferocious appetite and sleeping up to 16 hours a night. Another tell tale sign was a slight swelling of the thyroid in my neck. Despite the symptoms it took years for any abnormalities to show up in my blood work. So don't be put off by false readings. You could always double check by having a 24 hours urine test at a naturopath - some say this is more reliable than a blood test.
Good luck!
Maria
I didn?t even know anything was wrong. I was diagnosed at 26 at a gyn. visit, Goiter, loss of eyebrows, sensitive to cold. When you are in it it progresses over time so it is normal to feel the way you feel...nothing striking. Like not seeing well. You don?t realize that others can see people across the street without squinting.