Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Suloni on November 06, 2016, 09:16:44 AM

Title: what is the best alternative gel, for Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes
Post by: Suloni on November 06, 2016, 09:16:44 AM
We've been having a hard time finding  Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes,
Many stores are out of it.
i worry it will stop being produced.

Q1:
Do you know what severe eye gel has the same active ingredients, in the event i have to change products?

The 2 active ingredients in  Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes are:
carboxmethylcellulosesodium = 0.25
hypromellose= 0.3


Oily over the counter ointments cause a great deal of eye redness/ irritation.
Less viscose over the counter drops(like Bion Tears) do not seem to work over night.
Restasis does not seem to be activated over night. The 2 applications work well enough between the hrs of 8am and 9pm.
i rely on the Gen Teal severe gel to keep my eyes comfortable overnight.

Q2:
Does eye dryness peak at night?
If so, why?

Thank you for your help, sjogrensworld.
Title: Re: what is the best alternative gel, for Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes
Post by: Kathy57 on November 06, 2016, 09:24:53 PM
Hi,

I use Genteal eye gel as well, and sometimes I have to look around to find it.  I also bought it once on Amazon but it is too expensive there.  I was able to find it once as an add on item.

I am unable to find any other product like the Genteal eye gel.  I have looked but maybe someone else will come along and help us out?  I don't like the Genteal ointment because it is really greasy , but I really like the Genteal Gel.

It is perfect for overnight and when my eyes are really dry, I have used it during the day in between The eye gel drops.

I will be interested to see what others have to add.

Kathy
Title: Re: what is the best alternative gel, for Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes
Post by: gurs on November 07, 2016, 06:09:22 AM
I know they were rebranding their product line, as I was having trouble finding their regular drops. I see alot of the gel on my michigan shelves. Contact the manufacturer and maybe they can give you a better answer.

Refresh PM ointment for sensitive eyes worked pretty good for me. Genteal gel a bit too thick.

Gursie
Title: Re: what is the best alternative gel, for Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes
Post by: Suloni on November 11, 2016, 10:37:43 AM
Thank you both.
i will try Refresh PM ointment for sensitive eyes, if i am no longer able to find Gen Teal Severe Gel, Eye Lubricant.