Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: morganjen on November 03, 2016, 07:03:56 AM

Title: Dr. Amy Myers SS protocol
Post by: morganjen on November 03, 2016, 07:03:56 AM
I've listened to many of her medical summits, and she really knows a lot about autoimmune disease, having Graves herself. Has anyone done her program?amymyersmd.com/2015/01/myers-way-approach-sjogrens-syndrome/
Title: Re: Dr. Amy Myers SS protocol
Post by: sickfck on November 18, 2016, 06:17:16 AM
Is it similar to the Autoimmune Paleo Protocol? I don't have a diagnosis yet, so I'm reluctant to make any permanent dietary changes just yet, but I'm experimenting. Lately I've been thinking of eliminating nightshades.  I've been trying to do gluten-free dinners, so have been having a lot of brown rice and potatoes, and whenever I do white potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, I notice debilitating fatigue the next day.  Making dietary changes is so hard because I work full-time and have a one year old.  I really can't imagine cooking two separate meals every night---one for me, one for my husband and daughter.  Gluten-free is easy, but then I'm reading we should be dairy free too, nut free, and now no more nightshades or any type of grain! Ugh.  So frustrating.  So just meat, fruits, and vegetables basically.  Just thinking about it stresses me out.  Good for you though, if you're able to do it! I'm still at the stage of building motivation....next stage will be trying to get my husband to accept that I can't eat dinner with the family anymore. 

Title: Re: Dr. Amy Myers SS protocol
Post by: SjoGirl on November 19, 2016, 12:03:42 PM
If you do a search on this site you will find many a conversation about various protocols and diets. The search box is at the top right of the screen.
Title: Re: Dr. Amy Myers SS protocol
Post by: jazzlover on November 20, 2016, 04:23:07 PM
Just be careful of adding too many foods high in oxalates or salicylates. I tried to "eat healthy" to heal and have now crashed.

I am salicylate sensitive, forced to eat low oxalates and low histamine.

I was low nightshades for years and that does indeed help.