Hi,
Has anyone noticed Plaquenil helping their digestion. I had to stop mine and now am having problems digesting food. I am just wondering if there is any correlation..
Thanks,
Dry2010
Many of us have irritable bowel syndrome. You could simply be showing signs of a progression into IBS.
That is what happened to me. Over time I add symptoms.
Dry, You said that your digestion was better when you are on the Plaquenil. I would take that to mean that there is some improvement in your inflammatory process that is involved in the digestion and improves the nerves and muscles involved in your GI tract.
I have a bad case of Sjogrens along with 4 other autoimmune diseases and 2 immune diseases. I had been on Plaquenil for around 5 years and felt it was helping. I would have to stop the drug when I took antibiotics cause I would get hyper and stopping the plaquenil during this time helped.
The strange thing was that when I went off the Plaquenil the cartiledge in my nose where it attaches to my facial bones always gets sore. My doctor says this is an inflammatory thing related to connective tissue disorder. Sooo, if you are able to tolerate the plaquenil it might be a good thing to stay on it. If the 4oo mgm a day is bothering you some way it might be interesting to try taking only 200 mgm and see what happens. Good luck. Irish
200mg is all I have ever been able to tolerate, but always take it.
susanep
Thank You Irish.. I can't take it because my eye doctor is seeing macula changes so I don't know what to do..
Thanks,
Dry2010