Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: araminta on October 18, 2016, 03:11:15 AM

Title: Lump on leg - a bit worried
Post by: araminta on October 18, 2016, 03:11:15 AM
This probably has nothing to do with Sjogrens but I wonder if anyone here has had something similar?

Six days ago I was at my mother' house and moving a couple of pieces of very heavy furniture.  (That may or may not be relevant).   Later that evening I felt a lump on my leg - lower tibia, about 4 cm above ankle, it's approx. 3 cm across.   It feels hard and I can move the skin over it, I mean it doesn't move with the skin.   It was skin coloured for 4 days, yesterday it developed a faintly yellowish tinge, but has never really looked or felt like a normal bruise.   It's only sore if I press it.

I'm a bit worried as it appeared so suddenly - does anyone have a clue what it might be?  :-\
Title: Re: Lump on leg - a bit worried
Post by: cccourt1942 on October 18, 2016, 08:27:24 AM
Hi,
   Mine is on my arm...and the doc told me it was a "lipoma".  Mine is just above my elbow.  It's about 5 cm.  I can't remember it "growing."  I noticed it several years ago.  Never asked a doctor until the last year.  She said they can be removed, but are benign.  Mine is reddish.  Never yellow..that I recall.  Also, yours may be something completely different from what I was told mine is. 
Sjoldier c3