Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: gurs on October 17, 2016, 05:48:24 AM

Title: Huge price increase for Evoxac
Post by: gurs on October 17, 2016, 05:48:24 AM
I just was researching new prescription plans for 2017 and cant believe (yes I can) the huge increase in Evoxac. Last year my co-pay was 4.00 a month, and now its over 200.00. Most all the plans I checked have this huge increase, along with many other drugs. This is nuts. Everything should be regulated. Most all the plans have deductibles now and our choices are so limited. Im trying to forsee what meds I might have to taken next year making it more difficult. I know Michigan has different plans too.

Ughhhhhh...

Gursie
Title: Re: Huge price increase for Evoxac
Post by: irish on October 17, 2016, 08:15:23 AM
I don't know what to tell you. I know I just got my insurance info and my drug costs have changed also. Anything in tier one is free or 8$ or so. However, after going through the formulary book I find that there are very few tier one drugs. There are some tier 2 and a lot of tier 3 and 4. These costs are much higher. The tier drugs are very high and that is scary. The tier 5 drugs are the ones that people with autoimmune disease have to take from time to time.

I would talk with pharmacy and call also call the insurance company plus have a little chat with your insurance agent. Also, I do think that Exovac is a higher cost drug. The pilocarpine (salogen) is a cheaper drug if I remember correctly. Salogen is also used for decreasing dryness. Good luck. Irish
Title: Re: Huge price increase for Evoxac
Post by: cccourt1942 on October 17, 2016, 11:04:01 AM
These are prices from 2015 and 2016 for one med/different strengths.

PLEASE remember gurs has received projected prices for her med for 2017.  I don't have that information.  This just got me to thinking as I thought my pilocarpine had gone up.  (Reminder: Pilocarpine, generic and Salagen brand name)  (Evoxac brand, Cevilemne, generic)

2016:  (I take two strengths) (both years = 3 month supply)
          90 tablets @ 5mg--------------------------22.04              (full price 66.16)
         270 tablets @ 7.5mg-----------------------89.16               (full price 267.46)

2015   
          90 tablets @ 5mg--------------------------24.15               (full price 73.52)
         270 tablets @ 7.5mg-----------------------89.24               (full price 267.73)

I'll be ready to compare for price increases!!
     I thank you for the heads up, as I am accustomed to getting expensive drugs, I just pay and go on.  This was a good exercise for preparing for a cost analysis.

Sjoldier c3
Title: Re: Huge price increase for Evoxac
Post by: SjoGirl on October 17, 2016, 01:39:35 PM
Do these prices apply to the generic?
Title: Re: Huge price increase for Evoxac
Post by: cccourt1942 on October 17, 2016, 02:59:15 PM
Yes..pilocarpine is generic.  I have Aetna pharmaceutical coverage...I am on Medicare but have meds and dental attached to my supplemental carrier: Aetna.  Hers is for brand name.
c3
Title: Re: Huge price increase for Evoxac
Post by: gurs on October 19, 2016, 04:21:31 AM
the prices I looked up is the for generic evoxac 2017, and all the insurance plans seem to have this very high price now.

Gursie
Title: Re: Huge price increase for Evoxac
Post by: gurs on October 24, 2016, 04:29:59 AM
Just a note..I would get 3 month refills on alot of these medications that are going to have a higher cost next year. Contact your doctor/insurance company and see if you can.

I just got a 3 month refill of Evoxac which costs me $3.00..next year, will be $128.00 a month supply for the plan Im looking at. Alot of the other plans are even higher. Plaquenil has a big difference between companies as well.

Gursie
Title: Re: Huge price increase for Evoxac
Post by: SunshineDaydream on October 25, 2016, 08:15:05 PM
If you are in the US, check out goodrx (.com). Sometimes it's less expensive to pay without using insurance.