Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Puzzled on October 12, 2016, 06:55:55 PM

Title: sick
Post by: Puzzled on October 12, 2016, 06:55:55 PM
Severe sore throat.  goes down my neck.  swollen.  laryngitis. 

No fever 96 normal and am 97.5 which is fever for me-- but never get high fever, no matter how sick I am.  99 was highest during a set of strep throat when young  18/19 years old.  Finally took tonsils, stopped strep.  No fever=nothing wrong.  Can barely swallow. 

What is it?  Any suggestions/help?

Title: Re: sick
Post by: Joe S. on October 12, 2016, 07:35:16 PM
It is that time of year where the air dries out. I am having problems with this also. A hacking cough and phlegm stuck in throat blocking air ways this week. It reminds me of Navy Dad's posts.

I hope you get better soon. I have no suggestions for you. I increased the humidity in the house and sip more water. Cough drops do not help. I am using Benadryl and codeine. Yesterday I started an antibiotic for the sinus infection.
Title: Re: sick
Post by: Puzzled on October 13, 2016, 02:17:13 PM
Thank you Joe,

It is something as a Doctor had it when I saw her and she still had it when I saw her again, but can't reach her at this point.

Reg doc is thinking is just a sore throat.  Have not seen her.  Why bother.  It will last a long time and I am not going to see another doctor who doesn't know how sjogren's works.

Title: Re: sick
Post by: irish on October 13, 2016, 06:18:43 PM
People like us can have strange things happen to the lymphoid tissues in our throat. You could have a virus or a bacterial infection. You could also have a yeast infection in your throat. If this keeps up it would worth seeing the doctor. If you have an ENT you might even want to see him as he might scope you quick and see just what is going on. If it is like the rest of us it is probably part of the Sjogrens that just drives us crazy. Hopefully nothing serious going on. Good luck. Irish
Title: Re: sick
Post by: gurs on October 14, 2016, 11:46:21 AM
Allergies to something can cause this..might be just viral?

Gursie
Title: Re: sick
Post by: SjoGirl on October 15, 2016, 03:11:46 PM
I have the same thing terrible sore throat, exhausted, no fever. My husband was ill at the end of this week, partly because co-workers came in sick. I am not sure what it is, I just know that I feel awful and hope it doesn't last.

We are using our humidifier so I'm not dry. It may be a combo of allergies and a virus, only time will tell.

Try to take it easy, I found that resting helps a lot. Hope you feel better soon.
Title: Re: sick
Post by: Puzzled on October 15, 2016, 09:00:37 PM
Thanks everyone,

I'm so sick of being sick and there are always a number of things it could be.  I opted to skip the doctor because it pretty much sounded as if I had no fever, then forget it.  I have no interest in dragging in to a doctor only to be exposed to who knows what and freeze to death while waiting to be seen.  Maybe I should just take in a sleeping bag and lay on the floor until I get called in and told it isn't anything or worse yet they want x rays and at this point I don't care.  There are times I'm just too sick to want to see a doctor.

However in this case I do believe you are correct SjoGirl.  There is a nasty bug going around with all my symptoms and some are winding up with an anti biotic and some without.  The worse you get it the faster you will be over it according to my pharmacist who is really my lifesaver on most things.  He also generally has had everything that is going around.  I'm not quite sure why that happens.  All the good doctors are dying or quitting.  The young ones have no idea what it is like to not recover fast and need help.  After all they are just kids and of course do not have the experience that makes a good doc.  And yes there are always some good ones out there if you are lucky enough to find them.

Plus my computer is acting up.  Why not.
Title: Re: sick
Post by: Deb 27 on October 16, 2016, 03:33:44 AM
Puzzled, I've got the worst sore throat right now and feel so tired. I didn't sleep well last night because of it. My husband got it first. It's that time of year. I am sure I picked it up before he even knew he was sick. Hard to avoid. He'll barely get the sniffles and I get really sick. He'll get a scratchy throat, mine will feel like it's on fire. He'll get the sniffles and I get a horrible head cold. This feels like it's heading to my chest. Think I am going to have to call in sick tomorrow. I hate having to call in sick.

I hope your sore throat goes away soon puzzled. I know mine is just a bug and will go away.
Title: Re: sick
Post by: Puzzled on October 16, 2016, 09:50:30 PM
Sorry for being such a baby over this bug.  It just came at a time when a bunch of other things in my life were falling apart.

I just think too many things have hit all at once.  So I am a frustrated crab.  I apologize for having such a bad attitude.  I should have kept this off the board. 

Thank you all for writing.

Title: Re: sick
Post by: SjoGirl on October 17, 2016, 01:42:32 PM
Well, mine has progressed to fatigue, congestion, and a nasty hacking dry cough. I am congested, but cough is not productive and I'm pretty sure my glands are swollen. It will be off to the walk in clinic after I deliver a Webinar this evening . . .