This week end I saw a segment on 60 minutes (I think) on a company called Vitalssmartshopper. I spelled it like that as the web address is the same + .com. And yes...it is VitalS Smart, etc.
The phone number (which I obtained by going to the web site) is 1 877 702 6661.
The service is not a bartering service, it is a service for decreased costs for various conditions, treatments, etc. The reason I am passing this along follows: the patient featured in the story was having infusion treatments.
The patient was young (under 65) and had insurance. She had infusion treatments every 8 weeks (it did not specify why). The cost per treatment (and I think they meant each one...but it could have been yearly) was 40k. What she did was search in her area for centers who offer the treatment and once she found one she liked (along with personnel administering same) her insurance company still paid for her treatment AND paid her 300.00 per treatment. Yes. You read that correctly. I wish I could recall the amounts, but alas, I am glad to remember this much.
I do not know how many of you have the treatments who are not on medicare and would be interested in this program. There are many of us who bemoan the high costs from everything from supplements to Restasis. :) Thought I'd pass it along.
btw: with this post, you know as much as I do. The website itself has VERY little info. You'll have to call to get more info.
Hope this helps someone out there.
Best to all of you,
Sjoldier c3