My last two Rheumatologists have moved away. I've never been sure that Plaquenel has done much for me anyway, which is the only reason I went to them. I still have a lot of joint pain and luckily didn't suffer from the exhaustion that I know many of you do. So, I just finished the last of my Plaquenel prescription which I've been on for 4 years. Does anyone have an idea of how long it stays in the system? I want to be able to tell if it's helped with my joint pain or not.
It shouldn't take more than a few weeks before you notice some little aches and pains starting to sneak iin. I would stop the plaquenil when I took antibiotics for 3-4 weeks and usually by week 3 I would have places in joints that would start to ache. The first thing that would show up would be pain in the cartiledge that connects nose to bony structure of the face.
The aches will surprise you cause most of us figure that the Plaquenil didn't help that much until we stopped taking it and all that stuff kicked in again. Good luck. Irish