Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: trc1962 on August 12, 2016, 01:43:52 PM

Title: Thyroid labs interpretation help
Post by: trc1962 on August 12, 2016, 01:43:52 PM
Hi. Got my labs back from the endo and wondered if others might comment. The endo said the 30 mg of prednisone will make everything higher on the lab results so most likely hypo but no hashimotos at all.

T4    5.0                 lab range 4.7-11.5
FT4   0.81                             0.7-1.5
T3 UT   27.1                          22.5-37.5
T3 T     73                             80-200
TPA     0.3                             0-09.0

The endo says I can take low dose levothyroxine if I want or wait until I am off the prednisone for a month. The rheumy says probably don't start it yet and see where your levels are without prednisone. Just wanted opinions from those who understand thyroid stuff - it is new to me!
Title: Re: Thyroid labs interpretation help
Post by: Deb 27 on August 12, 2016, 03:31:48 PM
 I think your doctors are right, it's best to wait until you are off the prednisone and re-test to see how you feel. If they think you have Hashimoto's, there are antibody tests you need to have.