The line up for the 2016 Annual Sjogren's Society of Canada Patient Conference is now available here
http://sjogrenscanada.org/seminars-events/annual-patient-conference/
The Canadian dollar is very low, so if you are from outside Canada it may be more economical than you think.
8 Expert Presentations:
Overview of Sj?gren?s Syndrome, Dr. Ann Parke, Rheumatologist
Sj?gren?s Insights and Possibilities, Dr. Robert I. Fox, Rheumatologist
Cry Me a River: The Future of Dry Eye, Dr. Barbara Caffery, Optometrist
Dental Deterioration from Dry Mouth, Strategies for Management, Dr. Leslie Laing, Prosthodontist
Neurological Disease in Sj?gren?s, Dr. Julius Birnbaum, Neurologist/Rheumatologist
Lip Biopsy and Pathology, Dr. Christina McCord, Oral Pathologist/Oral Medicine Specialist
Wild and Wonderful B-Cells in Sj?gren?s, Dr. Joan Wither, Rheumatologist,
The New Miracle Drugs: Clinical Trials, Dr. Arthur Bookman, Rheumatologist
PANEL DISCUSSION
PLUS: Back by popular demand, the ONE HOUR round table session! Three-20 minute sessions to ask the specialists YOUR specific questions!
People will gain insights into this complicated disease, connect with others with similar experiences, learn management strategies and emerge with a new sense of optimism and empowerment. You will be able to speak directly to exhibitors about their products.
This year we also have a Clinical Learning Day if you are a Professional.
http://sjogrenscanada.org/seminars-events/profedday/
Annette
This looks like an excellent conference. I am going to see if I can attend it.
Thanks for posting the information.
Oh wow, that sounds like an excellent conference for both hubby and me (he's a pharmacist). Maybe it's the sjogie in me, but I can't help but chuckle while envisioning what a room full of people suffering from SjS looks like: half wearing goggles to keep their eyes moist (yes I'm the goggle gal), the other half putting drops into their eyes, humdifiers running to keep eyes and nasal cavities moist, lots of gum chewing, someone applying more moisturiser to their hands...
I hope I didn't offend anyone but I try have a sense of humour about my condition.
I'll ask hubby about this, but it's hard for me to travel anywhere because SjS hits me the worst in the eyes. Even when we drive to town I wear goggles to stop the car heater of doom from drying out my eyes.
I'm with you on the car heat. I have big wraparound sunglasses and wear them even at night when the heat's on in the car.
You're right about the goggles - there are some people in the audience wearing them.
I was at an arthritis conference once, and one of the doctor's needed eyedrops. The advice: Ask a patient, and she got them right away
The last day for the Early Bird price is March 28th
http://sjogrenscanada.org/seminars-events/annual-patient-conference/
8 Expert Presentations:
Overview of Sj?gren?s Syndrome, Dr. Ann Parke, Rheumatologist
Sj?gren?s Insights and Possibilities, Dr. Robert I. Fox, Rheumatologist
Cry Me a River: The Future of Dry Eye, Dr. Barbara Caffery, Optometrist
XDental Deterioration from Dry Mouth, Strategies for Management, Dr. Leslie Laing, Prosthodontist
Neurological Disease in Sj?gren?s, Dr. Julius Birnbaum, Neurologist/Rheumatologist
Lip Biopsy and Pathology, Dr. Christina McCord, Oral Pathologist/Oral Medicine Specialist
Wild and Wonderful B-Cells in Sj?gren?s, Dr. Joan Wither, Rheumatologist,
The New Miracle Drugs: Clinical Trials, Dr. Arthur Bookman, Rheumatologist
PANEL DISCUSSION
PLUS: Back by popular demand, the ONE HOUR round table session! Three-20 minute sessions to ask the specialists YOUR specific questions!
People will gain insights into this complicated disease, connect with others with similar experiences, learn management strategies and emerge with a new sense of optimism and empowerment. You will be able to speak directly to exhibitors about their products.
Sj?gren?s symptoms vary from person to person and that is why it is important to educate yourself and connect with others who have similar challenges. At this year?s Conference we will explore current findings, insights and treatments along with Neurological and small fiber neuropathy, lip biopsies and pathology and much more.