I need help. In the middle of the night I woke up because my head was very, very sore. I dont know how to describe the pain. I was laying on my head and turned to the side. That side became sore too. It feels almost like if somebody pulled my hair really bad, bruised or even if a sore was present. I still feel my head very sore. Touching my hair hurts. Has anybody experienced something like this? I dont know what to do.
Hi Cindy, hope you're feeling better by now...
I experienced something somewhat similar when I was having migraines.
Could it possibly be that?
Sounds like migraine to me , when you have never had one they can be scary. Everyone has different symptoms also. Just FYI.
Kimberly
The pain is located in the back of my head. I search scalp pain and sjogrens and apparently is another crazy symptom. I dont even want to think about sleeping tonight or the rest of my life. I guess my flare brought more symptoms. I just hate life right now and my husband (not really but not happy right now). He told me that I dont have anything wrong. Since I dont have anything showing on my blood, Im fine and Im wasting my life thinking I have sjogrens but I dont.
Hopefully it will pass quickly like many other strange symptoms that pop up from time to time.
Just have to ride it out.
Yes, it's frustrating trying to "prove" to others that you actually have this AI disease.
I have a proper diagnosis from a rheumy but other doctors and my insurance company still question this from time to time since my blood tests don't specifically indicate SJS.
For this reason alone I sometimes consider having the lip biopsy done, just to prove it to the world.
that happens to me too periodically. But it is just the front portion of my hair. I keep expecting to see like blood or something, but its just sore
There is a nerve that runs across the back of the head that can be irritated in a flare. It is a burning pain. (at least that is how I endured it). It is called the trigeminal nerve. When I flare I get a pain in my head . That is why they thought I had a brain tumor but it turned out to be an irritation of this nerve.
It might be that.
But in any event pain on the order of a 8 or more deserves a visit to the doctor at a minimum.
Hi Cindy
I think I know what you are describing. This is what has happened to me in the past Is it the same?
Mine always stays on the right side of my head, and sometimes I have a rash in my scalp, not always though. My hair hurts too, when I gently touch it. A really weird sensation! Then the ache starts, spreading down to just on or above my forehead. This part of my head actually feels numb and somewhat tingly and stays there. I always feel absolutely exhausted when this happens and have to stay in bed until it goes. Which it always does.
I have been to my doctors with it and actually cried once because I felt so ill. They didn't have a clue what was going on.
I now see a different doctor and because of eye dryness, mouth dryness and aches and pains, she thinks I have Sjogrens, so it could be part of it.
If your bloods are negative at the moment, it may show later on.
Hugs xxx
Quote from: JennyWren on February 03, 2016, 06:54:20 AM
Hi Cindy
I think I know what you are describing. This is what has happened to me in the past Is it the same?
Mine always stays on the right side of my head, and sometimes I have a rash in my scalp, not always though. My hair hurts too, when I gently touch it. A really weird sensation! Then the ache starts, spreading down to just on or above my forehead. This part of my head actually feels numb and somewhat tingly and stays there. I always feel absolutely exhausted when this happens and have to stay in bed until it goes. Which it always does.
I have been to my doctors with it and actually cried once because I felt so ill. They didn't have a clue what was going on.
I now see a different doctor and because of eye dryness, mouth dryness and aches and pains, she thinks I have Sjogrens, so it could be part of it.
If your bloods are negative at the moment, it may show later on.
Hugs xxx
Shingles?
Quote from: Cindy on February 02, 2016, 08:11:28 AM
I need help. In the middle of the night I woke up because my head was very, very sore. I dont know how to describe the pain. I was laying on my head and turned to the side. That side became sore too. It feels almost like if somebody pulled my hair really bad, bruised or even if a sore was present. I still feel my head very sore. Touching my hair hurts. Has anybody experienced something like this? I dont know what to do.
Would you visit a doctor? Severe pain in the head should be considered a medical urgency.
There are several causes, such as shingles, temporal arteritis and migraine, that could cause such pain, but none of them typically occurs on the back of the head...
No Bartolo, it definitely isn't shingles.
Doctors didn't know why it was happening, didn't seem to care and were very dismissive.
It started about five years ago and still get it a few times a year.
It is really strange sensation because the slightest touch to the hair actually hurts.
It always begins a flare and I know that the next few weeks are going to be tough.
I just thought this information might be of help. :-\
HI Cindy, I get sore scalp quite often. It gets extremely sensitive and yes, sometimes touching my hair hurts. My soreness of scalp often comes with sores and they stay for a long time. My Dr. affirmed that getting the sores on my scalp was related to Sjogrens.
He didn't have a name for it but said that auto immune disease sometimes comes with sores, sort of like lupus breakouts.
Anyway, that's all I have and I hope you feel better!
I too have the little sores, and itchiness of my scalp, but it's not painful, just truly aggravating !
Right now it's my eyes smarting and sore, no matter how many drops I use, ( which is quite a lot)
I can't keep them open tonight so I'm going to bed early, but I will wake every 2 hours to pass water , then every hour to moisten my mouth with some water, and Oral balance.
This has been my worst Winter here in the UK, and yet it has bee the mildest winter I have lived through?? I still feel the cold badly too, so still need heating on.
Well, that's my pennyworth tonight.. sympathy to all fellow sufferer's, Dolly x