Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: lane on March 27, 2015, 05:55:24 PM

Title: Starting Imuran tomorrow ..any advice?
Post by: lane on March 27, 2015, 05:55:24 PM
Well, after being misdiagnosed with osteoarthritis, changing doctors, getting diagnosed with dermatomyositis with anti-synthetase syndrome, treatment was delayed while my new rheumy had surgeon biopsy for lymphoma. He did ct scan instead and found swollen glands back to normal so no biopsy. NOW I  am starting Imuran in the morning.    Does anyone have advice about taking this medication.   Eat big breakfast or not....any time of day better than any other?? Any warnings?
Title: Re: Starting Imuran tomorrow ..any advice?
Post by: SueAnn on March 27, 2015, 07:04:17 PM
I took Imuran for about 2 1/2 years with the whole dose at lunch time.  The dosage had to be tweaked up, but I really felt good.  I did not have any noticeable side effects and then my liver enzymes started to rise.   Make sure to get your monthly blood work done.   I wish I was still able to be on it.   I just had to stop Cellcept because I believe it is causing bladder infections.

Good luck!

SueAnn   
Title: Re: Starting Imuran tomorrow ..any advice?
Post by: lane on March 28, 2015, 05:52:50 AM
Monthly blood work?  I see an email to my rheumy in my future.   Thank you Sue Ann.