Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: JL23 on August 03, 2014, 06:01:56 PM

Title: having the worst flare ever!!
Post by: JL23 on August 03, 2014, 06:01:56 PM
So im about 7weeks pregnant and ever since around 4weeks ive been in a bad flare. My mouth is so dry my tongue and lips are cracked and have cuts and my gums are slighltly swollen. Ive have pretty bad dry mouth but never this bad where my whole mouth is cut up!
Is there anything natural I can do not meds. Ive had morning sickness pretty bad too not much vomiting but lots of nausea and dry heaves so not much sounds good but ive also noticed the nodes under my chin are pretty sore and a little swollen and I also have a small sore lump on the side of my jaw bone Ijust dont know if its gland related.
Title: Re: having the worst flare ever!!
Post by: Joe S. on August 03, 2014, 07:32:37 PM
Dont panic, remember to breath.
Title: Re: having the worst flare ever!!
Post by: machenza on August 03, 2014, 10:25:38 PM
Dear JL23,

While I am not sure if pilocarpine can be taken while pregnant, I think oil pulling can help a bit with the dry mouth. You can do it with many kinds of oil. I use coconut. I think once you go over the 12 weeks, your hormones will stabilise and your dryness will be less. Like Joe said, please, try to stay calm and positive.

Hugs,
Nellie
Title: Re: having the worst flare ever!!
Post by: A66eyroad on August 04, 2014, 06:57:56 AM
I don't know if this will be helpful, but when I was pregnant about a hundred years ago, I found great relief from morning sickness by eating a banana and drinking water mixed with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and some honey. Sounds weird, but it really helped.
Title: Re: having the worst flare ever!!
Post by: bloodless on August 05, 2014, 02:09:12 PM
Can you use biotene or products like that?