Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: sickmama on May 04, 2014, 08:18:59 PM

Title: For the ladies:dryness corresponding with menstrual cycle?
Post by: sickmama on May 04, 2014, 08:18:59 PM
I can't say I've found a definitive pattern, more like a loose pattern associated with my dryness and my menstrual cycle. Typically around mid cycle I get drier in the mouth and eyes and then it lets up some post period. Anyone else notice this type of pattern? I should add I'm 34 and am still very regular, although my cycles seem to be changing and becoming lighter with less mucus and bleeding. Don't know if that's sjogrens related or increasing age.any thoughts on dryness and your period? 
Title: Re: For the ladies:dryness corresponding with menstrual cycle?
Post by: machenza on May 04, 2014, 09:09:16 PM
Yes,

I have noticed that too.

Nellie
Title: Re: For the ladies:dryness corresponding with menstrual cycle?
Post by: JL23 on May 04, 2014, 10:48:08 PM
Well im only 24 and I have noticed that too so its probably not just age related. I have noticed recenly my menstruals have been lighter and shorter than they were previously. Sometimes only 2 days.
Title: Re: For the ladies:dryness corresponding with menstrual cycle?
Post by: gurs on May 05, 2014, 03:36:31 AM
That is because your estrogen levels drop at this time......after my hysterectomy and instant menopause with almost NO estrogen, that is why im extremely, extremely, dry. Its just a nightmare. I thought I was dry before? ha!

If you can eat soy, maybe every month before your cycle starts, try eating soy, or other natural estrogen based foods..that might help.

Gursie
Title: Re: For the ladies:dryness corresponding with menstrual cycle?
Post by: gemini052377 on May 05, 2014, 01:25:54 PM
Yes! To all the above comments, and I am also 36...was wondering if it was from cyclical hormone changes...Thanks for the advice Gursie


Take care,
Mary