Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: gem.j on November 20, 2012, 01:25:00 PM

Title: Private doctor thinks I have mild Sjogrens
Post by: gem.j on November 20, 2012, 01:25:00 PM
So went to see a private doctor (opthinologist) who reckons Mild sjogrens hence the lack of tears and refuring me to specialist at eye hospital for proper testing and diagnosis. Finally not being treated like an idiot!
Title: Re: Private doctor thinks I have mild Sjogrens
Post by: Dolly Dimples on November 20, 2012, 02:15:43 PM
  Isint it a great feeling when your Doc tells you that you really do have a complaint , crazy aint it?
     Glad he is on the ball, and good luck at the Specialists'
                           Dolly x
Title: Re: Private doctor thinks I have mild Sjogrens
Post by: jazzlover on November 20, 2012, 05:44:08 PM
Keep us posted!
Title: Re: Private doctor thinks I have mild Sjogrens
Post by: LisaMarie on November 20, 2012, 06:29:06 PM
Like I said.  I don't worry so much about the diagnosis as long as they treat the symptoms.  It is nice when a doctor says that your symptoms are real though.
Title: Re: Private doctor thinks I have mild Sjogrens
Post by: prunella on November 20, 2012, 06:42:25 PM
I remember years ago my opthamologist mentioned the word Sjogren's after my tear ducts expelled some punctal plugs that were supposed to help my dry eyes. I had never heard of it. I asked what Sjogren's was and how would I know if I had it. He said my PCP would have to confirm it.  Years later, I was diagnosed and wondered why the opthamologist had not urged me to pursue a diagnosis. I had had no idea that dry eyes were related to fatigue.

It is nice to be taken seriously. :)
Title: Re: Private doctor thinks I have mild Sjogrens
Post by: 4Kids on November 21, 2012, 06:16:32 AM
I just saw this now... S hurray for the help and validation! Now onto the next steps!