Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: sjenny on August 01, 2012, 01:04:29 PM

Title: Is the Problem Gluten or Faddish Eating?
Post by: sjenny on August 01, 2012, 01:04:29 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/01/is-your-problem-gluten-or-faddish-eating/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fhealth+%28Internal+-+Health+-+Text%29

All I know is, a lot of my health problems cleared up when I changed my diet.

Sue
Title: Re: Is the Problem Gluten or Faddish Eating?
Post by: jazzlover on August 01, 2012, 01:10:15 PM
Quote from article:

"They buy gluten-free because they think it will help them lose weight..."

--

LOL!!!!

I'm glad it's a fad. Sure helps me find more things that are gluten free!
Title: Re: Is the Problem Gluten or Faddish Eating?
Post by: mshistory on August 01, 2012, 01:27:01 PM
Same here... bring on the "faddishness" of it as long as I'm able to find gluten-free products for my daughters who actually have celiac disease  :)

That article never even mentioned celiac disease is an autoimmune disease... not really surprised  ::)
Title: Re: Is the Problem Gluten or Faddish Eating?
Post by: irish on August 01, 2012, 09:17:13 PM
The gluten free diet has gained in popularity in the past several years and some people who use it don't have celiac disease. There has been talk that the genetically modified wheat gives people problems and symptoms of disease but their blood work doesn't show anything.

I am afraid that we are all eating genetically modified food that isin't good for us. The food industry has been sneaking this into the food without letting us know so it is really hard to keep track of health issues.

Hard to tell if intolerance, autoimmune issues or allergies. Hopefully we will be privy to more information as time goes by. Irish