Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Cindy on June 01, 2012, 02:58:43 PM

Title: Eyes issues
Post by: Cindy on June 01, 2012, 02:58:43 PM
I dont know if this is a dry eyes issue or blepharitis. When Im in the contrast of dark and light ex watching tv with the light off, I see like tens of lights on top of my eyes like there are lights on top of me. Is this related to blepharitis? This is all the time im in light and dark situations. Is there an explanation to this? They dont hurt is just anoying.
Title: Re: Eyes issues
Post by: Sleepy In Seattle on June 01, 2012, 06:56:48 PM
I'm sorry I have no information for you, but anything that messes with your vision I'd say get to a doctor ASAP....
Title: Re: Eyes issues
Post by: xANTHONYx on June 01, 2012, 09:33:35 PM
Do not know if its related, but I have a strong astigmatism and it sometimes causes light to be refracted in odd ways similar to what you describe. I was experiencing symptoms similar to yours when I went to the eye doctor 10 years ago and they told me I needed corrective lenses. Oddly enough, this can sometimes even be exaggerated by wearing glasses and looking at the light source at odd angles. In fact, those "lights" that I see when I look at a tv/monitor etc will turn into halos around the screen when I put my glasses on.
Title: Re: Eyes issues
Post by: Piebird on June 01, 2012, 09:42:11 PM
When I look at a head light or street light at night I see beams of light coming from the source or 3 or more points of light or a halo around it.

Is this what you see?

Mine is from a high astigmatism problems. Also an anti glare coating on my glasses works well too.