Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: slccom on February 15, 2012, 11:20:55 PM

Title: Discover Vital Signs article
Post by: slccom on February 15, 2012, 11:20:55 PM
http://discovermagazine.com/2011/sep/17-vital-signs-stress-case-serious-disease/article_view?b_start:int=1&-C=

Looks to me like he missed a Sjogren's diagnosis. I'm contacting him.
Sharon
Title: Re: Discover Vital Signs article
Post by: Joe S. on February 16, 2012, 05:33:12 AM
Could be an AI. If the blood work does not support it, the doctor will not believe it. I have had a challenge in the past producing antibodies so gallons of my blood were drawn for transplant operations.
Title: Re: Discover Vital Signs article
Post by: slccom on February 16, 2012, 01:41:39 PM
I called the doctor today and suggested that he refer her to a rheumatologist. I'm curious to see if I get a call back from him. I also told him that skin lesions are symptomatic of Sjogren's as well.

Sharon