Saturday, November 19, 2011. U.S. researchers confirmed cytomegalovirus as a cause of the most common salivary gland cancers and it may be involved with more cancers.
Lead author Michael Melnick of the Ostrow School of Dentistry at the University of Southern California and colleagues said designating cytomegalovirus as an oncovirus -- cancer-causing virus -- came after rigorous study of both human salivary gland tumors and salivary glands of postnatal mice.
Wow! Slowly, more infectious causes of cancers are being found. I remember that most people have antibodies to CMV. To determine causation, they must have induced the cancers in the mice. Do you have a reference for some of the work?
It came as an Email from LifeExtension Magazine. I imagine I will see a full article in an upcoming issue.
Hmmm, guess I am glad I am CMV negative. I was always asked to donate because preemies and people who are immunocompromised many times need CMV negative blood products. They don't ask me to donate anymore since my Sjogrens diagnosis. : (
I know what you mean. I was up to 8 gallons when I was asked to stop donating because of AI issues.