Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Scottietottie on November 15, 2011, 06:05:40 PM

Title: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Scottietottie on November 15, 2011, 06:05:40 PM
Hi

I've boasted in here before that I don't seem to get colds. Famous last words!! Colleagues at work had colds last week. Sunday my throat felt 'scratchy'. Monday I felt a bit snuffly. Now I definitely have a cold. I haven't had one for years. My nose isn't running as much as I would expect but my head just feels really 'full'.

Work is going to be fun!

Take care - Scottie  ::)
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Joe S. on November 15, 2011, 06:43:39 PM
I wish I could be there to zap it for you. You can try my tones.
Cold: http://www.chakraforce.com/Tonations.html#29.
Sinus: http://www.chakraforce.com/Tonations.html#295.
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Patze on November 15, 2011, 07:34:07 PM
Sending you some ultra soft and big

{ { H U G S } }


and hope that you where able to get through the day.


Patze
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Bucky on November 15, 2011, 09:49:55 PM
Scottie - sorry you have a cold.   :(

Try rubbing some Vicks vapor rub (or something similar) on the outsides of your big toes.  It helps to clear your nose and help you breathe through the night.  I was skeptical when I first heard about this, but I have done it many times and IT WORKS!   ;D

I hope your cold is of short duration.  Drink plenty of fluids and get some rest!

Bucky
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Meld256 on November 16, 2011, 03:53:53 AM
Awh, Scottie...that stinks.  :(  Sorry you caught those germies from the colleagues. 

Hope it doesn't last long.  Everyone has a remedy, I know, but some extra Vit C might help.
Positive thought sent to you as you get through your day!
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Bucky on November 16, 2011, 05:59:31 AM
I know . . . cough and sneeze all over "the little darlings" and make them miserable like they've made you miserable this year.   ;)

I'M KIDDING FOLKS . . . I'M KIDDING!!!

Bucky
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Meld256 on November 16, 2011, 06:06:00 AM
Bucky,

:D ;D  How mischievous you are today!
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Cricket on November 16, 2011, 06:31:42 AM
Scottie

Hope you feel better soon.  I might be joining you I am watching my granddaughter today as she is sick with a bad cough.

Take care :)
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Carolina on November 16, 2011, 08:21:38 AM
Oh dear Scottie,

I have the same thing. 

And I, too, never get sick.

ACK.

Take it very easy. 

Easy to say, right?

But I will, won't you, too?

OH DEAR, you have to go to work.

Blessings to everyone who works outside the home, to all the care providers at home, those with big busy families, and those with serious conditions and stress.

I MUST stop complaining.  It's embarassing me.

Hugs and get well Scottie.

Elaine
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: LizPetillo on November 16, 2011, 09:09:38 AM
I've got one now.
My throat is at that point that it keeps catching and choking me.
I hate this. 

My first question for God when I die ... why did you make the Rhino Virus?!?!?
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Scottietottie on November 16, 2011, 04:13:42 PM
Awwww - thank you everyone.

Made it through work. Two days till the weekend!!

Thankfully I'm not running a fever. My head just feels so full!  :o

Carolina and Liz I hope you feel better soon too!

Take care - Scottie  :)
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: divingdancer on November 19, 2011, 11:07:02 AM
Snap!   I was also saying how I don't seem to catch a cold when all my colleagues have been sniffing and blowing Rudolphesque noses all month.   What has happened....I have caught their germs but can make enough mucus to blow my nose.  When I do blow it is er....green gunk but not much of it.  My throat feels like i swallowed some sand paper and i woke last night with a bunged up nose (don't know what with)  and my mouth was like the Gobi Desert!  I am asthmatic so I'm hoping this wont descend onto my chest and cause problems.  I'm having problems regulating my temperature....one moment hot and the next cold.....

I'm using saline nose spray as my nose is dry (and feeling blocked)  and more biotene mouth gel than usual.  Hope this does not last long.  It is really strange having a cold but no runny nose!
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Katybarstool on November 19, 2011, 12:38:55 PM
Hi Scottie

Hope you are feeling much beter now.

Kathyx
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Meld256 on November 19, 2011, 01:14:21 PM
To All with the colds,

You have my sympathy!  They can be so miserable with all our other junk we have going on. I hope you all are beginning to feel better.

divingdancer,
Yes, very strange to have a cold and no running nose. I got a bad cold/sinus infection early in the summer and did the same thing; wierd.  Everything else made up for it because I felt like I'd been run over by a truck.

I hope none of you feel that badly.  ;)
Melinda
Title: Re: Sneezing and snuffling
Post by: Pisces24 on November 19, 2011, 02:00:41 PM
Bucky
Quote from: Bucky on November 16, 2011, 05:59:31 AM
I know . . . cough and sneeze all over "the little darlings" and make them miserable like they've made you miserable this year.   ;)

I'M KIDDING FOLKS . . . I'M KIDDING!!!

Bucky

Bucky: That is what my own dr told me to do when my work threatened to reprimand me if I didn't come in when I had the 105 temp & H1N1. Course he didn't use the word "darlings".  ;D ;)

------------
Hope you get to feeling better. I don't get the runny nose but very stuffed up. Get some rest and do what you can to clear up.