Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: jazzlover on October 07, 2011, 01:54:30 PM

Title: Blotchy rash on neck ...
Post by: jazzlover on October 07, 2011, 01:54:30 PM
Someone mentioned this on another thread... and I lost "where" that was! So, I want to know if this is possibly connected to Sjogren's or some other AI disease?
Title: Re: Blotchy rash on neck ...
Post by: LisaMarie on October 07, 2011, 02:12:34 PM
i have a off color appearance on my neck.  Maroonish in color and mainly on the sides towards the ears.  I also get hive like spots on my neck, especially behind the ears.  The off color isn't too noticeable with a little makeup.  I've read somewhere that lupus has it on the face and sometimes on the neck.  It's on my list to talk to the rheumy about on Tuesday.  Oh, Tuesday, please come fast.
Title: Re: Blotchy rash on neck ...
Post by: jazzlover on October 07, 2011, 02:33:46 PM
Let me know what you find out. Thanks and good luck!!
Title: Re: Blotchy rash on neck ...
Post by: Bucky on October 07, 2011, 06:22:45 PM
jazzlover - is this the thread you were referring to?  It has a picture of my neck in there with the lovely coloring I have gotten since being dx'd w/Sjogren's and on Plaquenil.   ::)  https://sjogrensworld.org/index.php?topic=16606.msg176012#msg176012

Bucky
Title: Re: Blotchy rash on neck ...
Post by: jazzlover on October 07, 2011, 06:26:23 PM
Wow.. no, I didn't see that. Mine is similar. It's all on my neck "proper" .. not below it.  Right above my thyroid gland, it is rather whitish. Very strange. The white area is up close to the top of the neck.

Thanks for posting that!
Title: Re: Blotchy rash on neck ...
Post by: newhorizons on October 07, 2011, 06:37:07 PM
Throw my hat in the mix... I have a red rash on only the RIGHT side of my neck... It has been here for several years.

Just for information... I had my upper R parathyroid gland removed in 2007 and attached tumor.  Shortly after surgery, noticed the red rash and it has been there ever since.

Do have rosacea on my nose and crevices on side of nose but it does not look like what's on my neck.

Jazzlover, please keep us updated... 
Title: Re: Blotchy rash on neck ...
Post by: LisaMarie on October 08, 2011, 03:41:34 AM
Thanks for posting that link Bucky.  That is what mine looks like and I don't take any meds yet.

And to apologize to everyone for long paragraphs that was pointed out on another thread.  I tend to type fast and never thought about it.

Title: Re: Blotchy rash on neck ...
Post by: brook on October 12, 2011, 12:10:49 PM
Hi Bucky, I have a rash similar to that, worse some times than others like if I'm hot. I also seem to get red in the face and around the hairline a lot, the dermatolgist said we all get mor red as we get older but that felt like it does when people say we all get fatigued as we get older and discount the SjS fatigue (out of ignorance usually). Thanks for your pic.