Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Jozee on August 28, 2011, 11:57:20 PM

Title: stretching hurts
Post by: Jozee on August 28, 2011, 11:57:20 PM
Some people love to stretch. I find that when I do it feels great in the "stretch" position but when I un-stretch and relax  it sends my muscles into horrible pain spasms. Not cramping just horrible pain.
Anyone else get pain from stretching?
Title: Re: stretching hurts
Post by: waterbby100 on August 29, 2011, 12:50:19 AM
I get pain in my body and have to stretch to relive the discomfort. I wish that I could just stretch and not have to sit still!! BTW, that is why I am awake at 3:50 am.....Tossing and Turning and Kicking all night!!

Kimber
Title: Re: stretching hurts
Post by: Joe S. on August 29, 2011, 05:56:11 AM
You may want to have your magnesium levels checked. Improve your breathing before you stretch to help work the pain causing toxins out.
Title: Re: stretching hurts
Post by: newhorizons on August 29, 2011, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: Joe S. on August 29, 2011, 05:56:11 AM
You may want to have your magnesium levels checked. Improve your breathing before you stretch to help work the pain causing toxins out.

Thanks Joe, The breathing mediation CD is what I need tonight as it is bedtime and I need to accomplish something; not sure whether it physical or mental! Maybe, both! :-\

Jozee, Have you tried warm bath in tub after stretching?

Kimber, Yes, sure do... and, tomorrow is Arthritis Keep Moving Class and I'll come home and if hurting take a warm tub bath with 1 cup Epsom Salts added...soak a while sure helps.

My luck has been in keep moving and keep going to class and am rewarded both physically and mentally! :)



Title: Re: stretching hurts
Post by: Jozee on August 29, 2011, 09:44:16 PM
I don't think I explained what I meant very well. I'm not talking about it hurting later on when I'm not stretched. I'm talked about while I'm actually in the precess of stretching. You know how you stretch your legs down and your arms up (or whatever) then you relax from the stretching position....it's immediately after I've relaxed from the stretching position. It's horribly painful for about 2 minutes then its gone.