Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: malew/sjogrens on August 20, 2011, 11:27:24 PM

Title: Sjogren's Facebook page
Post by: malew/sjogrens on August 20, 2011, 11:27:24 PM
Hello everyone. I have been posting on the Sjogren's FB page and wonder if any of you have been on there. I will no longer post on this page as even though I have been deleting my posts on my main page, my wife can still see them on her page. Makes me wonder how many of my friends have seen my posts. I have not told some of my FB friends. FB is just not private enough for me. I liked FB though as the posts are fast and with this forum there are so many posts to look through. Have any of you been to the Sjogren's FB page?
Title: Re: Sjogren's Facebook page
Post by: Katybarstool on August 20, 2011, 11:53:03 PM
I'm with you there. I think facebook is too public, and I can't understand why people post very personal things on there, even though they can be identified.

Another problem is that you can see people's friends, and even look at their photos. We have some family problems and I have all the personal settings restricted, as it would cause problems if one d-i-l could see pictures from the other d-i-l's page. It's just too complex for me.

Kathyx 
Title: Re: Sjogren's Facebook page
Post by: engy on August 21, 2011, 05:08:11 AM
I do not have a FB account & don't plan on getting one!

Even with privacy settings I still don't feel comfortable with it. If I want people to know something, I'll call or text them.

Doesn't bother me if others use it but I have asked family members not to post pictures of my family on there. Especially if the pictures were taken on a smartphone device. If a picture was taken on smartphone & location was not turned off on the phone then anyone online can right click on the picture & get the address of where picture was taken and I don't want my address linked to my daughter (or me) on the web!!

Carie
Title: Re: Sjogren's Facebook page
Post by: Luna on August 21, 2011, 07:03:13 AM
Hi Malew. I am on the FB one too. I notice that even though I set it not to show my posts on the SS page, it does sometimes. SO I totally agree with you on this one. I will continue to post on the other one. BUt I wll be very careful what I talk about on it. I like this one cause I can talk frank without other friends knowing. I don't want all my friends to know about this. They just don't need to. Especially the ones who just wouldn't undertand.

Luna
Title: Re: Sjogren's Facebook page
Post by: Nancy60 on August 21, 2011, 08:46:16 AM
I only post things I am OK with the general public knowing when I am on facebook.  And with employers and lawyers and the police now using facebook posts against people they are building cases against, I just think people need to becareful what they share (not that I have anything to hide!  : ) .  I love being able to find long lost friends on facebook, but I agree, it does NOT protect your privacy or freedom of speech, so beware what you post. 

Nancy
Title: Re: Sjogren's Facebook page
Post by: eyeamdry on August 22, 2011, 08:47:56 AM
I feel I can post stuff on here, but not so with FB.  I don't want private info on there.  I usually post silly or just plain info for family members. 
Title: Re: Sjogren's Facebook page
Post by: Patty on August 22, 2011, 01:00:58 PM
I don't use the Sjogren's FB page or post anything personal on FB. There is no real privacy. We have a friend in IT who was telling us how the company does internet searches on anyone coming in to interview for a job. Anything you put out there can be seen, but I believe the forums like this are safe. Even so, I would not use my full name on my posts just in case.