Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: lynnmarie219 on August 11, 2011, 08:23:04 PM

Title: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: lynnmarie219 on August 11, 2011, 08:23:04 PM
Well...tomorrow I have my CT scan scheduled (due to on-going UTI's but with severe abdominal and lower back pain this time)...then I go to  my appt with the diabetic nurse to teach  me how to use insulin on myself (starting shots in addition to my oral meds for now until I can get my morning blood sugars under control)...all of this before heading to work! Whewwww!

The doc should also call me on my labs that I completed yesterday to verify if I do indeed have another UTI going on right now.

Like I said...a very big and busy day tomorrow...thank goodness I can relax this weekend!

A little overwhelmed at the moment but I will get through the day one moment at a time!

Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Bucky on August 11, 2011, 08:27:07 PM
(((Lynn))) - sending you a hug that tomorrow everything will go smoothly for your CT scan, your shot lesson and your work day will go by quickly for you.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. 

Hugs,
Bucky



Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: eyeamdry on August 11, 2011, 11:42:27 PM
LynnMarie-It sounds like a full day of medical.  I'm sure the shots are a little scary if you have not taken them before.

My daughter is Type I and after she was diagnosed, I asked her if she would let me give her a shot.  I wanted to see if I could do it if she was ever unable todo so.  She was an adult when she got the diabetes.  I was able to give her a shot and she didn't slap me. 

Hopefully, you'll get the diabetes under control and those shots won't be needed very long. Be sure and let us know how you make out tomorrow.  Lucy
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Katybarstool on August 12, 2011, 12:14:31 AM
Lynnmarie

Thinking about you,and sending you a big hug.

Kathyx
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Cheryl on August 12, 2011, 03:45:02 AM
Lynn,
May you be blessed with a good day!  Thinking of you...
Cheryl
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Meld256 on August 12, 2011, 04:11:18 AM
Wow, that is a busy day for me even without work!  ;) 

I wish you an easy time for the CT scan, a good report and wishes you'll be fine learning about that needle.
So glad you can relax for the weekend!  Keep us updated.

I'll be thinking of you, today, too.
Melinda
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Scottietottie on August 12, 2011, 07:00:58 AM
Good luck Lynn!  (((((( L )))))))

Tell us how it goes!

Take care - Scottie  :)
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Daisy1234 on August 12, 2011, 02:05:44 PM
So hoping that your day goes well today Lynn and that the nurses, doctors and CT technicians are compassionate people who will sincerely help you with all of your diabetic issues.

Wishing you better health days ahead too.

Hugs,

Daisy
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: ohiolady on August 12, 2011, 02:58:10 PM
Hoping the day goes well for you and you get some answers on the constant UTI's.  It seems this has been going on long enough.

Take care.

Anna
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: lynnmarie219 on August 13, 2011, 04:25:27 PM
I completed the CT scan with no problems and my docs office didn't want to wait until Monday so they called for the preliminary report about noon. Everything looked fine....no kidney stones which is what they thought it was. I am happy that it was ok but it doesn't help me with any answers to the pain I'm having...I guess it keeps leading back to the type of pain you have with IBS etc.

I did have a very slight UTI just starting which they normally don't even treat until its higher...but since I had pain and symptoms I'm back on Cipro for 1 week then back to maint antibiotics.

As far as my injection training it went very well...I am using the insulin pens as they are so much easier and convenient. I practiced with saline in the office and last night did my first real shot...moved the needle too  much as I wasnt holding it quite right and it hurt just a bit....but I'll learn fast I'm sure (dont like pain...lol).

It will be hard to judge how much it is helping for a day or two as it gets into my  system and also becasue I had to stop one diabetic oral med for 48 hours due to the CT scan. I go tomorrow morning to get STAT blood work done and if ok...I can start it back up tomorrow...so I will better be able to  judge how everything is working by Monday or Tuesday .

Thanks for all of your positive thoughts everyone...they are always appreciated! :)
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Katybarstool on August 14, 2011, 06:45:08 AM
Lynmarie

I know what you mean about being relieved about not having kidney stones, but still wondering what is causing the pain. How are you feeling today?

The insulin pen sounds a good idea. I'm sure you'll be doing it without a second thought soon.

Hugs
Kathyx
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Patze on August 14, 2011, 07:40:00 AM
Hi Lynnmarie,

Jumping in late as usual! :)  I'm glad that it wasn't a kidney stone or anything like that, but I'm sorry that theres no answer...it must be frustrating.

Good luck with the insulin and don't forget to keep us updated.

Sending you some very soft ( ( ( L Y N N M A R I E ) ) ), and keeping my fingers crossed that you finally get an answer.

Take care my friend,

Patze
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Scottietottie on August 14, 2011, 08:24:04 AM
Hi again Lynnmarie  :)

I'm sorry you didn't find the cause of the pain but I'm glad they didn't find any 'nasties'.  I hope you feel better when your sugar levels get stabilised. Sorry to hear about yet another UTI though. you are having way too many!

Take care - Scottie  :)
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: Chickpea on August 14, 2011, 09:30:56 AM
Hi Lynnmarie

Good to hear that you got through the CT scan ok and that you're learning to use the insulin pen.  What a lot to cope with all at once!

Let us know how things go with that UTI - definitely not what you needed!

Thinking of you - Chickpea
Title: Re: Big Day Tomorrow!
Post by: really? on August 14, 2011, 10:34:10 AM
What were your symptoms that made them do a CT,, and what kind of pain are you experiencing, glad the CT went ok,, but it gets frustrationg when you cant find answers to things,, Cipro is pretty heavy duty, do you have a active infection that you need it for?