Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: twilite on April 05, 2011, 05:20:26 PM

Title: Salagen for Mucus in Throat Area
Post by: twilite on April 05, 2011, 05:20:26 PM
My Rhumy prescribed salagen for this crap that I cough up 50 times a day.  He said that more moisture will stop me from coughing up this stuff.  Has this worked for those of you that have mucus in the throat area?

I don't have chest congestion, just in my throat and I have to hock and spit it out many times during the day - very embarrasing at work - thank God I have my own office.

~twilite
Title: Re: Salagen for Mucus in Throat Area
Post by: Scottietottie on April 05, 2011, 05:25:13 PM
Hi  :)

I don't have the answer but I'll be interested to know if it helps. I also end up with a lot of gunk in my throat but according to my doc it stems from post nasal drip for which I use Nasonex every night. If I don't use the Nasonex I tend to wake up gagging.

Take care - Scottie  :)