Sjogrens World Forums

Sjogrens Topics => Living With Sjogren's => Topic started by: Reanne on June 10, 2010, 04:04:34 PM

Title: restasis check up
Post by: Reanne on June 10, 2010, 04:04:34 PM
The eye doctor said he could see marked improvement in my eye. I only used the drops in one eye to compare.  I used them in my worse eye.  He was impressed I thought of doing that.  He said they used to do glaucoma drops that way.  It feels so much better and I don't rub them nearly as often.  I will continue using Restasis now (in both eyes). 

Reanne
Title: Re: restasis check up
Post by: DragonflyC on June 10, 2010, 06:17:58 PM
Yay!  So glad to hear it's working for you.

I haven't had much luck with Restasis myself, so I'm especially happy to hear that it's working for you.  If it can't help me, at least it's helping somebody!
Title: Re: restasis check up
Post by: eyeamdry on June 10, 2010, 06:47:18 PM
Reanne, I think that little "trick" makes you smarter than most of the eye docs.  I am glad they are working for you, although usually it takes weeks and even months to notice a difference.  Yeah, apparently you are one of the lucky ones.  Continued good luck.  Lucy
Title: Re: restasis check up
Post by: Pegasus47 on June 10, 2010, 07:12:59 PM
Reanne:

Yes, you are one of the lucky ones.  One of the 18% success rate in Restasis clinical trial.  None of the eye drops worked for me.  We are all individuals. 

Thanks for letting us know!

Pegasus
Title: Re: restasis check up
Post by: magistramarla on June 10, 2010, 08:53:29 PM
Restasis has helped me so much that I often forget to use my Systane drops during the rest of the day.  My eyes feel almost normal - YAY!
Marla
Title: Re: restasis check up
Post by: LeoLady on June 11, 2010, 01:47:50 AM
Reanne:

I've been using Restasis for 7 years now.  It worked quickly and dramatically for the better.  Just for fun last year I tried going without it for 3 days to see if it made a difference.  By the third day I knew for sure how much it was continuing to help my (previously -0- -0- tears) eyes.  Just wish they could offer it at a less expensive price.

LeoLady
Title: Re: restasis check up
Post by: Patze on June 11, 2010, 04:27:09 AM
I'm with you LeoLady, the cost is just nuts. :)


Patze